Who has more pressure Italy or England.......

nedved9

With the World Cup just only 5 months away or so. I wondering who everybody thinks who has more pressure to win , or at least have good showing. Italy or England.

I think The pressure is on Italy more so than England. after 2 bad tournaments in succession, WC2002 & Euro2004. The fans and media will be all over them to produce some good results. in Germany.At same time England has not won anything in 40years.

Guest Jeffery S.

I think it is England; looking at their roster you have to think it is one of the better England sides in years. And most of the starters are doing well at their clubs this season. Meaning that this is a good year to be thinking about doing something serious.

In Italy the pecking order is a bit mixed up, classic veterans perhaps don't deserve to start, some new strong players will probably be ignored, and they will have the excuse of this relative lack of coherency. Noone in Italy thinks it is going to be their year, in England they'd be a bit more justified to think it was.

Very low pressure on Spain, France as well, and if Germany gets through the first stage they'll be happy. For me the pressure is on Holland, England, Argentina and Brazil to get to semis.

After Italy crashed out prematurely (by most Italian pundits standars) in the last two major tourneys, you can bet that all the pressure in the world to do better is on them, no matter whether some people don't believe it is their year or not (though I understand that Pele actually thinks this, which just might be the kiss of death to Italy's chances).

Archived