Best canadian teams

Tim St.Pauli

quote:Originally posted by Obinna

Just a question of interest.

Where do the majority of OUA players play in summer?

do any play CPSL?

And as far as Scotia SC beating any USL team? That's a bold statement IMHO

But CPSL...mabye.

Ive seen or played against a few players from that squad (devereaux's for example) and they have quality. But to be fair, i'd put them below or on par with St. Laurence Laurentians.

And i dunno if i'd say St. Laurence could beat ANY CPSL squad...let alopne USL

My dad played for Saint Mary's at the same time as John Devereaux. John is the father of the Scotia SC players Ryan and Ali Devereaux.

My dad is still friends with John.

Scotia SC has some really good players. Maybe I'll tape an NSSL game with my digital camera this summer. My camera can record for 90 minutes.

You should deffinatly do that.

if i had the resources i'd tape senior games here(seeing i won't be playing in any....destoryed ACL)

I always wondered why you guys don't have some kind of "Inter-Provincial" Cup in the Maritimes at the Senior CLub level. Travel wouldn't be expensive. You could have the top 2 or 3 squads from PEI NB and NS in some kind of Champions Leauge.

If such a thing came to be i'd like to see NL representatives too....but then travel becomes an issue.

too bad tho---cuz here in Newfoundland we have 4 (sometimes 5) clubs which are roughly at the same level....then quality drops off drasticlly. So it would be nice for our squads to face NS PEI and NB squads of the same calabire instead of playin the each other over and over....it get's very annoying.

Plus the Inter Provincal aspect would make things more interesting and in the process create awareness of one another and promotion of the game at the top amature level. And because of the Geography of Atlantic Canada....I'm surprised something like this isn't done. Mabye it is and we in Newfoundland are out of the loop?

As clubs stand now in Newfoundland, i'd rank the top 4 as:

1. St. Lawerence Laurentians

2. Mount Pearl Sportsbeat

3. Holy Cross Crusaiders

4. Marystown United (dispite they're sucsess in the Final weekend, they are inconsistant in reg. season play)

How would you rank NS clubs? I know Scotia, Celtic, King of Donair/Athens United and Dunbrack are all strong. What about New Brunswick and PEI clubs? Who are the big dogs in those provinces?

quote:Originally posted by jaydog2006

Hamiltonfan

Justa bit of a warning.On a uk soccer board a fan was sued for much less then what you have said about me.Now to the rest i was offered $3000 for the year plus the hockey camps i would have made some big time cash that summer.

First you have to prove that someone actually damaged your reputation, then a judge would have to acess damage based on lost income due to your new found besmerchment. I'm guessing your real name isn't jaydog, so I don't think anyone here has to worry about making fun of the amount of money you'd make in 4 months, considering no one knows who you really are and in that you'd lose any bigtime CPSL money as a result.

unless you want to spill that fact....

quote:Originally posted by Obinna

Just a question of interest.

Where do the majority of OUA players play in summer?

do any play CPSL?

And as far as Scotia SC beating any USL team? That's a bold statement IMHO

But CPSL...mabye.

Ive seen or played against a few players from that squad (devereaux's for example) and they have quality. But to be fair, i'd put them below or on par with St. Laurence Laurentians.

And i dunno if i'd say St. Laurence could beat ANY CPSL squad...let alopne USL

I saw quite a few this summer and I only saw a dozen OUA & CPSL games in total...six OUA players off the top of my head. I really don't know that many names so I'd guess the number might be double or triple these six...

London City

Haider Al-Shaibani-Western

Marco Peeters-Brock

Vaughn Shooters

Jason deThomasis-Western

Sean Meyers-Toronto

Oakville Blue Devils

Paul Speakman-Western

Jamie Fairweather-Guelph

Hamilton Thunder

none

Archived