What is the stupidest thing anyone has ever said?

Guest speedmonk42

When a nigerian amateur player of no real talent told me that if I got him the phone number to the CSA he'd fly to Canada and make the national team through tryouts, and that not knowing the phone number was the only thing stopping him since he'd played pro for blah blah blah FC in the hungarian third division. "I choose to give my talent to Canada because it is a peaceful country".

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by canso

"this once ferile poster"

Is that like a blend of feral and virile?

maybe, but it should have been spelled feral. Too lazy to spell check.

canso, by quoting me are you implying that "this once ferile poster" is one of the stupidest things ever said? 'Tis a bit harsh for a mere typo.

We should have titles under our names to cement our positions.

ie: Hates/Loves Toronto MLS, Questions/Embraces the stadium, Keep/Fire Yallop, So-and-so deserves/doesn't deserve a call-up, etc.

That would get rid of about 90% of the stupid things that people say.

“I’m proud of how the team played throughout the tournament,” said Head Coach Ian Bridge following the match. “I can’t be disappointed as we played our best game in the tournament against a very good US team.”

“Overall, a great game of soccer.”

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

“I’m proud of how the team played throughout the tournament,” said Head Coach Ian Bridge following the match. “I can’t be disappointed as we played our best game in the tournament against a very good US team.”

What the hell?

Would you have been satisfied if he said:

"Our team played like crap. They should never kick a soccer ball again. Yes, we just qualified for our third straight U-20 championship, and we only lost by 1 goal to our arch-rivals, but still, our team sucks."

As I posted in reply to sj on the Women's Forum, "another with an axe to grind".

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Can't I just make a list of posters that I no longer pay attention to, because whatever they post is usually total garbage, its not even worth wasting your time reading it.

In no particular order:

The Ref

sj

Robert

DoyleG

This forum really needs a block poster function.

I like when The Ref complains about the number of staff we're bringing everytime the CSA announce a roster for a game, a camp or a tournament.

Can't I just make a list of posters that I no longer pay attention to, because whatever they post is usually total garbage, its not even worth wasting your time reading it.

In no particular order:

The Ref

sj

Robert

DoyleG

You mean to say you still pay attention to G-Man? ;)

In no particular order:

The Ref

sj

Robert

DoyleG

G-Man

fan

This forum really needs a block poster function.

If the majority feels the same, I will no longer post.

Thanks anyway to the few that perhaps shared my views.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

It's just annoying to see people so firmly entrenched in their view that "discussion" becomes impossible. Especially in regards to Yallop or capping so-and-so or the 2007 games.

I perfectly agree with you Daniel. And I agree that your solution of making fun of people's names is the best way to solve that profound difficulty we are faced with here.

quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

My favourite was when G-Man trotted out this little nugget re. why Toronto's large immigrant population will not support MLS:

"Toronto is not a soccer market. There is a reason all those people left football nations to settle in Canada: They don't like the sport."

Well-- they never supported the game in large numbers have they? They'll come out for Liverpool vs Porto, but not a local pro team.

It's the sad truth El Hombre. Deal with it.

"Too bad we can't include some of the the women on our men's world cup team." - said on bigscoccer.com by a USWNT fan. I pointed out that the women's team loses by 3 or 4 goals to U17 boys teams on a regular basis. The said poster was shocked to learn this.

"The women just play a more skillfull game" -same poster on bigsoccer.com Anyone who has ever watched the USWNT play would not call them skillfull. More like kick it down the field and sprint past the opponent. Doesn't work against teams like Germany.

If the majority feels the same, I will no longer post.

Thanks anyway to the few that perhaps shared my views.

The Ref, you are one of the more lucid and insightful posters here, keep posting, I´m sure the majority would agree. Cheers.

Archived