What is the stupidest thing anyone has ever said?

Guest speedmonk42

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't said to me personally, but I do recall someone posting on these boards that the Goverment should reduce the funding & budget to our national team, as that way it would force them & the CSA to improve. How they were expected to improve with even less sufficient funding was never explained, un-surpisingly enough.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

It wasn't said to me personally, but I do recall someone posting on these boards that the Goverment should reduce the funding & budget to our national team, as that way it would force them & the CSA to improve. How they were expected to improve with even less sufficient funding was never explained, un-surpisingly enough.

If I can recall, this 'cut funding until they improve theory' smells like the highly nuanced position of the now exiled soccerbeast.*

*Colour added as an hommage of sorts to this once ferile poster.

quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

"Toronto is not a soccer market. There is a reason all those people left football nations to settle in Canada: They don't like the sport."

That is a "take" on the comment attributed to I think Jack Kent Cooke who was lamenting the fact that despite all the Canadians in and around Los Angeles the Kings were attracting "flies". They left Canada because they hated hockey.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

National teams shouldn't be funded by the federal government. Should be purely privately funded.

Guest speedmonk42

WHOA WHOA!!!!!

I was not intentending it to be a slagfest of this forum at all!

I was talking about us speaking with the 'common' folk.

Like people who don't believe we even have a soccer team ect....

Archived