Toronto Stadium News

Jarrek

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

None released to the public yet.

I may get my "renovated Lamport" wish after all. When the stadium was finally anounced for the ex (the second time) weren't we told that shovels had to be in the ground in January in order for the stadium to be ready on time?

That would give them just one week!

quote:Originally posted by TOareaFan

I may get my "renovated Lamport" wish after all. When the stadium was finally anounced for the ex (the second time) weren't we told that shovels had to be in the ground in January in order for the stadium to be ready on time?

Can anyone say WYC at the Skydome with real grass. The same must be said of the SSS in Montreal....what's not happenning there since Saputo fell out with the CSA?

quote:Originally posted by TOareaFan

They can't start demolition on the Sports building until the 31st. In the meantime they are clearing the site (I've been down there myself to see it happen). As Gerry Dobson mentioned on the weekend

everything is going according to schedule.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

They can't start demolition on the Sports building until the 31st. In the meantime they are clearing the site (I've been down there myself to see it happen). As Gerry Dobson mentioned on the weekend

everything is going according to schedule.

Drats!;)

I try peering down from the Gardiner every day but there is nothing evident from there!

I happened to come across the news on OMNI around 9pm last night, they actually had some highlights of past MNT games and had an interview with David Miller. He said that theres a need for soccer stadiums in Toronto and Lamport and Centennial and others will continue to run accordingly. They will not be demolished and not be improved from the sounds of it. It was also mentioned that the construction will start next month after the board (cant remember the name) makes the final decision to start construction.

This was posted on bigsoccer.com today:

"I went by the site today and some excavation has begun, their were two construction workers and two bulldozers on the site on top of some unearthed earth."

Does that qualify as the shovels hitting the ground? :)

Yes...but at that pace we all better volunteer our weekends and get down there and dig;)

Here's an idea... Let's set up a webcam at the construction site so we can all follow the digging live on the web. Then we can also start a chat group so we can discuss it live and in real time. I also think Yallop and Pipe should be fired for not providing national live 24/7 TV coverage of the construction site.

[sarcasm off] Seriously guys... I'm just loopy enough that if we actually had that webcam in place I'd probably check it a couple of times a day. Keep on posting the updates.... it's great to see some actual, physical progress at the site.

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

I heard that a hammer had been bought at the Home Depot for the job.

You mis-heard. What has happened in fact is that Hammy Hammster is signing autographs at the DVD Depot to celebrate the DVD release of "Tales of the Riverbank - The Next Generation"

You mis-heard. What has happened in fact is that Hammy Hammster is signing autographs at the DVD Depot to celebrate the DVD release of "Tales of the Riverbank - The Next Generation"

Did you hear that MLSE had to cancel it's production of Riverdance at Harbour Front? They were worried that if various levels of government didn't purchase life jackets for the dancers they'd drown.

Guest Domi Rulezz
quote:Originally posted by cndsoccer

so funny...how long did you take to think of that one?

don't quit your day job.

I heard the 'G' in G-Man stands for 'garbage'.

At least, that's what I can ascertain from his posts.

Archived