Stalteri - Actim's 6th best defender, 16th overall

sstackho

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Which we've already dismissed as being harsh if not incorrect, and in any case he was put into an impossible position by his teammate who had given away possession and gave Liverpool a 4 on 2 break. Hardly a "dismal" performance.

I wasn't refering to a red card, rather to two other problems with his play - First, his failure to cover the Liverpool attacker when his man scored on a header. The commentators said Stalteri made a mistake on that play. Second he made at least two bad passes. One was a pass to a teammate 10 metres away, he couldn't keep the ball on the ground, it ended up at his teammates knee, which caused his teammate a problem. As bad as Stalteri played he didn't look out of place that day as the whole Spurs team, Robbie Keane included, played poorly.

Which we've already dismissed as being harsh if not incorrect, and in any case he was put into an impossible position by his teammate who had given away possession and gave Liverpool a 4 on 2 break. Hardly a "dismal" performance.

I wasn't refering to a red card, rather to two other problems with his play - First, his failure to cover the Liverpool attacker when his man scored on a header. The commentators said Stalteri made a mistake on that play. Second he made at least two bad passes. One was a pass to a teammate 10 metres away, he couldn't keep the ball on the ground, it ended up at his teammates knee, which caused his teammate a problem. As bad as Stalteri played he didn't look out of place that day as the whole Spurs team, Robbie Keane included, played poorly.

Mr Analyst dropped the 'yst' today have you?? A bit nitpicky to say the least. I don't recall anybody scoring on a header. Stalteri was overcompensating helping provide coverage on the 7' freak in the middle of the penalty area and Kewell scored a goal on the volley that was a top 10 candidate. Stalteri also made some fine overlapping runs that were not effectively utilized by his peers. Do they count on the plus side?

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Stalteri was overcompensating helping provide coverage on the 7' freak in the middle of the penalty area

LOL! Cheers for that Ed, its been a while since I've laughed that hard from a post in this board (except for some unintentionally hilarious ones)

I hope that if there is one thing this board can unanimously agree upon, it is that Crouch is a freak.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-LucaI hope that if there is one thing this board can unanimously agree upon, it is that Crouch is a freak.

Yah he is 6'7"/1.98m and only 160 lbs/75kgs. As my sister said 'who is that guy in red wearing a middrift? '

I personally don't see how you can mark him, he is a gaint. Plus becuase of his height it must throw off defenders perspective. Think about it, at glace he apears to be almost 1/5 closer than he is.

I hope that if there is one thing this board can unanimously agree upon, it is that Crouch is a freak.

Oh yeah. Geezus, yeah....

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

Plus because of his height it must throw off defenders perspective. Think about it, at glace he apears to be almost 1/5 closer than he is.

:D Yeah, the man's shirt should come with a warning label. Sort of an opposite to what you get with automobile side mirrors.

Object is further away than it appears.

Archived