Transfer Rumours

sstackho

I had might as well dump any transfer rumours in a single thread. Please note the source of each post and ingest with a grain of salt, if applicable.

Birchy, £3 million?? I think not!

Bruce wants Birch;Football;Exclusive

Dave Kidd

132 words

7 January 2006

The Sun

English

© 2006 News Group Newspapers. All rights reserved

STEVE BRUCE wants QPR midfield man Marc Bircham to boost Birmingham's survival bid - but faces competition from Sheffield United.

Both Brum boss Bruce and Blades chief Neil Warnock have tabled bids for the Pounds 3million-rated player.

Rangers chief Ian Holloway is desperate to keep the former Millwall player at his mid-table Championship club.

Bircham, famed for his dyed blue

hair, is a QPR fan but would be tempted by a move to the Premiership with Brum or the Blades, who are odds-on for promotion to the top flight.

Bruce has already strengthened his squad by nabbing former England hitman Chris Sutton from Celtic.

Warnock is also keen to bolster his squad in the January transfer window.

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

I had might as well dump any transfer rumours in a single thread. Please note the source of each post and ingest with a grain of salt, if applicable.

Birchy, £3 million?? I think not!

Bruce wants Birch;Football;Exclusive

Dave Kidd

132 words

7 January 2006

The Sun

English

© 2006 News Group Newspapers. All rights reserved

STEVE BRUCE wants QPR midfield man Marc Bircham to boost Birmingham's survival bid - but faces competition from Sheffield United.

Both Brum boss Bruce and Blades chief Neil Warnock have tabled bids for the Pounds 3million-rated player.

Rangers chief Ian Holloway is desperate to keep the former Millwall player at his mid-table Championship club.

Bircham, famed for his dyed blue

hair, is a QPR fan but would be tempted by a move to the Premiership with Brum or the Blades, who are odds-on for promotion to the top flight.

Bruce has already strengthened his squad by nabbing former England hitman Chris Sutton from Celtic.

Warnock is also keen to bolster his squad in the January transfer window.

It sounds okay but the 3 million figure throws the whole article into question. I'm not sure what he's worth but I suspect it's a lot less than that.

Jason

From TeamTalk:

Preston pounce for Pesch

Derby FA Cup hero Paul Peschisolido is set to complete a move to Championship rivals Preston in a £100,000 deal.

The striker had not started a game for the Rams since October 29 but bagged a brace after being recalled to the side for Saturday's FA Cup tie with Burnley.

The 34-year-old has scored five times in 22 appearances this season, and reports suggest Billy Davies will move to strengthen his attacking options at Deepdale.

Good Luck

There has been a "Hutchinson to FC København" rumour for a while, and today Sportbladet published on short piece on it. Danish FCK is a bigger club that Helsingborg, but it's not that big. But they are one of the dominating sides in Denmark and almost always gets to see some european action, though they usually gets knocked out in the qualifications.

Helsingborg should be eager to sell (Hutch has turned down an offer to extend his contract) and is rumoured to be satisfied with SEK 10 millions (US$1,25M).

Atiba Hutchinson on his way to FCK ?

According to both Danish and Swedish newsmedia, The Scandinavian Champions FC København have made a €1.1 million bid on Atiba Hutchinson, who has told Helsingborg IF that he's not going to renew his contract, forcing them to negotiate a deal with FCK..

”It sounds very interesting, FC København is a big club,” says Hutchinson to the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet.

http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=500833

http://www.onsidedk.com/main/index.phtml?ac_start2=1&id=155369

It should be said, that according to other newspapers, then FCK have also made a €1.3 million bid on the 25-yo Nigerian international and Wolverhampton midfielder Seyi Olofinjana...

http://www.nigerianplayers.com/player.asp?pid=147

The FCK supporters have voted who they prefer the club to sign, Hutchinson or Olofinjana... A bit more than 400 supporters have voted so far, with a slight advantage to Hutchinson...

http://sidelinien.dk/forums/showthread.php?p=260784&page=1&mode=hybrid&t=21008

Some even hope that FCK is going to sign both players, though I doubt that would happen, since FCK are also making a bid on the 24-yo Norwegian International (21 caps) Brede Hangeland as the replacement for the central defender Bo Svensson, who is leaving FCK to join Borussia Mönchengladbach...

Hangeland is said to be Norways most talented defender. He was also on a successful trial at Everton in November 2004 and rumoured to the EPL for a rather large transfer fee (£3 million) last year. His Norwegian club refused all offers at that point, but are now suddenly getting desperate to sell him in the winter break and feel forced to negotiate a deal with FCK, because Hangeland did not renew his contract and is soon to become a Bosman player.... and only FCK have made a real (€1.1 million) bid on him in January, though some English clubs have shown interest... Should they not get Hangeland, then FCK coach Ståle Solbakken has confirmed to the Spanish newspaper, Marca, that FCK are interested in the 32-yo Athletic de Bilbao (and former Real Madrid) defender Aitor Karanka.

http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=40053/dbid=2106/typeofpage=40054/sc=2ef125

So FCK clearly want Hangeland and either Hutchinson or Olofinjana, but Rosenborg also seem interested in Olofinjana, so perhaps FCK will put their money on Hutchinson, since he's wage demand is probably much lower... (Olofinjana is rumoured to want around €700k a year)...

So let me get this thread straight: Bruce will cough up 3m for Bircham but has no interest in Hutch for under 1. That's a laugh. No smiley face needed. Seriously. Atiba needs to get himself to England. He has world class talent and, IMHO, he'd be much better off playing one more year with Larsson than wasting his time in Denmark.

quote:Originally posted by Dandal

There has been a "Hutchinson to FC København" rumour for a while, and today Sportbladet published on short piece on it. Danish FCK is a bigger club that Helsingborg, but it's not that big.

quote:Originally posted by red citizen

So let me get this thread straight: Bruce will cough up 3m for Bircham but has no interest in Hutch for under 1. That's a laugh. No smiley face needed. Seriously. Atiba needs to get himself to England. He has world class talent and, IMHO, he'd be much better off playing one more year with Larsson than wasting his time in Denmark.

Playing in the Superliga for FCK is ofcause not as good as EPL, but surely better than playing in Sweden, not to forget that FCK is by far the biggest/richest club in Scandinavia, with the most international experienced squad as well... To name just some of their squad players this season who I may add all have played WC-06 qualification for their country:

Jesper Christiansen (27), goalkeeper, Den 2 caps

Michael Gravgaard (27), Defender, Den 5 caps, 3 goals

André Bergdølmo (34), Defender, Nor 63 caps

Urmas Rooba (27), defender, Estonia 62 caps, 1 goal

Janne Saarinen (28), Defender/midfielder, Fin 35 caps

Tobias Linderoth (26), Midfielder, Swe 55 caps, 1 goal

Michael Silberbauer (24), Midfielder, Den 5 caps, 1 goal

Elrio van Heerden, Midfielder, South Africa 15 caps

Peter Møller (33), forward, Den 20 caps, 5 goals

Marcus Allbäck (32), forward, Swe 54 caps, 23 goals

A few are now leaving in the winter break (Peter Møller and perhaps van Heerden), while other players will be signed to make the squad even stronger..

To say he would be better of Playing for Helsingborgs IF or any other Scandinavian club, is nonsense...and since ther are no EPL clubs making offers, then it should be no surprise why he is very interested in signing with FCK...

Just to compare a few facts so you know what we are talking about, in how big a difference ther actually are between the Scandinavian clubs, then here are the budget/turnover figures from the biggest clubs in Scandinavia :

FC København, Turnover 2004/05 : €60 million

Brøndby, Turnover 2004 : €20 million

Rosenborg, budget 2005 : €15 million

AaB Aalborg, Turnover 2004 : €10 million

Malmø FF, Turnover 2004 : €8.5 million

and way down the list :

Helsingborgs IF, Turnover 2004 : €5.5 million

Yes, but Bircham has a UK passport & Atiba does not. I think if Atiba did, he'd be in the UK by now.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Much easier to go from Denmark after a few years to Germany or even England or Spain (Real Sociedad in San Sebastian just signed a Brondby striker) than from Sweden.

If you look at the Danish winter transfers in January from the Superliga to clubs in the top European leagues, then you can make your own conclutions, but ther are ofcause several rumours going on. The actual transfers and real offers looks like this so far :

FC København:

26-yo defender, Bo Svensson (Borussia Mönchengladbach, contract expired)

---

Brøndby:

25-yo forward, Morten Skoubo, Den, 2 caps (Real Sociedad, €2.5m)

Not yet confirmed:

21-yo central defender, Daniel Agger, Den 4 caps, 1 goal (Liverpool, a £5.5m bid has been made but Brøndby want €10 million and the two clubs are still negotiating)

---

OB Odense :

17-yo forward, Jens Kristiansen (on loan to Werder Bremen)

----

FC Nordsjælland :

24-yo forward, Mads Junker (Vittesse Arnhem, €2 million)

---

Esbjerg :

Not yet confirmed:

24-yo midfielder, Jan Kristiansen, Den, 3 caps (FC Nürnberg, €?, Kristiansen is now negotiating the personal terms)

If Stalteri is the 16th best player in the EPL, Hutch can play for Brum.

He's already turning 23 and doesn't need to spend another contract in the 12th, 11th, 10th, 9th best league in Europe. If Ipswich can get Peters a work permit, Bruce should be able to do the same for Atiba. I know the Bircham rumour is a joke, but I thought Hutchinson to the Blues rumour in the fall had some truth to it. Regardless, we're only a few months from another Swedish campaign. If he can't move to a top league, he should stay a year and help Larsson take his club to a title.

Seriously. Atiba needs to get himself to England. He has world class talent and, IMHO, he'd be much better off playing one more year with Larsson than wasting his time in Denmark.

Those more familiar with the Danish leagues can correct me but I was of the clear understanding that the game there was played with a very "British Isles" sort of physical enthusiasm. Lots of energy, seperate the men from the boys sort of business.

A good intermediate step between Sweden and England then if you're heading in that direction anyway. Which, in Hutch's case, I hope is the eventual intension.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Perhaps. But I always thought that Denmark was a little different. Perhaps my views have been shaped by seeing how entertaining those Danish teams were in international soccer of the 80's and 90's. Not strictly linear in their play but very goal scoring oriented. Danish players, it would appear, have tended to migrate more towards the continental European leagues rather than the British Iles. Off hand, I can think of more prominant danish players who have played in Italy, Spain and Germany. But only goal keeper Peter Schmichael(sp) comes to mind as a prominent Dane who has played in England.

Helsingborg's chairman Sten-Inge Fredin comments on the Hutch-to-FCK rumour in his local daily: "I heard this three weeks ago, but there are no negotiations. FCK haven't even been in touch with us." On the other hand, why should he confirm?

Hutchinson says about FCK: "It may be on a little higher level, but I would prefer a club outside Scandinavia.[...] I'm not going to jump on any bid that comes. If I don't get any interesting offers I'll continue with Helsingborg and see what happens after the World Cup."

http://hd.se/sporten/2006/01/11/oklart_om_hutchinsons_framtid

According to the 2005 UEFA rankings (based on how well clubs do in the CL and UEFA Cups) Norway is 20th, Denmark is 23rd and Sweden is 26th.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/crank2005.html

For the 2006 rankings (still ongoing), Norway is 19th, Denmark is 23rd and Sweden is 26th.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/crank2006.html

Norway has a chance to improve because Rosenborg is still involved in the UEFA Cup, whereas Denmark and Sweden have no clubs left in any competition.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

If you look at different way the Scandinavian NT's play, then you also get a pretty good picture of how the different domestic leagues are. The Danish league is much like the Dutch... Quick attacking minded short passing..

Since you mention the Scottish PL, then here is a quote about the difference in style of play, from the English SPL goalkeeper David Preece, who moved to the Superliga this season :

"At first I didnt belive ther would be much of a difference, but the more I have played, I've noticed that the players in Denmark are much better at the technical level. The players here are good at passing the ball and at first touch. The pace is slower, meaning that you got the ball more, having more control and time to show more with the ball. In Scotland you only have 2 seconds before the ball is taken away from you."

I think this paints a pretty good picture of how/where the Danish players go... Mostly to Germany, then to Dutch, Spanish and English football...

If we are talking about the top 7 leagues in Europe: Spain, England, Italy, Germany, France, Netherlands and Portugal then ther are just around 50 Danes playing for top-flight clubs at the moment... In all, around 100 Danish players earn their living abroad at different levels..

btw... According to the very reliable Liverpool Echo, then the 21-yo Danish U21 NT Star defender Daniel Agger has arrived at Anfield today to complete a £5.8 million (€ 8.5 million) transfer from Brøndby. The Danish club gave Liverpool permision to meet Agger after Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry flew out to Denmark earlier this week and a transfer fee was finally agreed this morning.

Rafa Benitez believes Agger can offer an instant threat to the places of Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher.

Read more at :

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_objectid=16573181%26method=full%26siteid=50061%26headline=benitez%2d%2dnew%2dboy%2dagger%2dcan%2dstep%2dstraight%2din-name_page.html

Also Jan Kristiansen from the list above was sold to FC Nürnberg today for a €400,000 transfer fee (his contract was soon to expire)...

While we are on the subject, I think that the Denmark would be an excellent opponent for Canada in freindly. Austria is a good choice as would the Danes. But on strictly strenght level, Denmark is in my opinion a definite notch above the Austrians if you look at quality of play and talent. But at the same time we would not be wasting our time by taking on a super power where the difference in reputation and infrastructures is so immense that you wouldn't know what to make of the final result.

They ( Danes ) also show some of the things on technical level that would prove to be good preparation for facing some of the quality sides in our region.

In all honesty, playing any team out of the top 100 is a waste of time because if we win, it's expected and doesn't really improve our game and if we lose we have egg all over our face. Top 100 teams will at least challenge us and bring out our best game. Luxembourg was a mistake I think, it wasted money and probably lowered team morale. A good friendly opponent for Canada I think is Macedonia, they were the only team that did well against the netherlands in qualification (never even lost to them) but inconsistency is their problem. So they can play like a world class team or the can at the very least be competitive.

Archived