Is Peters Now A Striker?

red citizen

I'm wondering if JP is has slipped out of first team action for his club in part because he's being converted into a forward? I notice he's scoring quite a few reserves goals and he's now listed as a striker in at least on location:

http://www.footballrumours.info/squads/club15.html

It never looked to me like he was a fantastic crosser of the ball, so maybe it's for the best. He'd also be a good compliment for the many tall, slow forwards we have at present.

Always worry about players picking up bad habits and the English 1st may be one of the worst places on earth for it. Especially for pint sized greyhounds.

That being said Ipswich has a very good reputation regarding player development. So I guess we'll see. Full time striker I think would wear on him quite well.

Real shame about Ipswich's year so far. Don't look to be making the playoffs so far and I'm growing more cynical by the week.

Looks like a bad year in the CCC all around for Canadians. It's getting depressing to check that section of the Canadians Abroad each week as (at least some of) our guys slip from regular starters on playoff contenders to to not even being mentioned on the bench on relegation threatened squads. Bah Humbug!

He's played a few reserve games as a striker but in the main as we're short of frontmen (as of today we have six injured) and a plethora of midfielders. He's still primarily regarded as a winger and for me looks at his best when out wide.

He's not had too many chances in the first team of late and it appears he's found it harder than expected to adjust to the pace and physical side of English football (at the same time as moving to a new country at 18). That said, he absolutely rips everyone apart with his pace and skills in training (according to one of the other players), he just needs to take that into games.

Phil

quote:Originally posted by Phil_Ipswich

He's played a few reserve games as a striker but in the main as we're short of frontmen (as of today we have six injured) and a plethora of midfielders. He's still primarily regarded as a winger and for me looks at his best when out wide.

He's not had too many chances in the first team of late and it appears he's found it harder than expected to adjust to the pace and physical side of English football (at the same time as moving to a new country at 18). That said, he absolutely rips everyone apart with his pace and skills in training (according to one of the other players), he just needs to take that into games.

Phil

Archived