Canadian soccer pins hopes on MLS

RS

I think you should have stopped here:

"Of course, only a blind optimist would believe that a singular team in a foreign league could change Canada’s fortunes on the international stage, a fact that the CSA is well aware of."

As going on from that point you have Earl Cochrane spouting some BS lip service to the CSA's future efforts in getting Montreal and Vancouver into MLS. I almost stopped reading. Anybody pinning Canada's soccer hopes on the MLS is quite naive. Our hopes lie with our program being run with enough passion and competence that we would never even have to contemplate losing out on Hargreaves or young de Guzman. The CSA doesn't stand up to scrutiny in either category.

But my contempt for the CSA aside, a good read nonetheless Rudi!

quote:Originally posted by Ed

I think you should have stopped here:

"Of course, only a blind optimist would believe that a singular team in a foreign league could change Canada’s fortunes on the international stage, a fact that the CSA is well aware of."

As going on from that point you have Earl Cochrane spouting some BS lip service to the CSA's future efforts in getting Montreal and Vancouver into MLS. I almost stopped reading. Anybody pinning Canada's soccer hopes on the MLS is quite naive. Our hopes lie with our program being run with enough passion and competence that we would never even have to contemplate losing out on Hargreaves or young de Guzman. The CSA doesn't stand up to scrutiny in either category.

But my contempt for the CSA aside, a good read nonetheless Rudi!

Agree or disagree with the CSA, I had to get their take on it, as anything less would be shoddy journalism (which is what this was, as it was an assignment for my journalism program that I decided to post on my far too often neglected blog).

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Terrific stuff! Well done with all of the interviews, including DeRo himself. But why isn't Lindsay Lohan interviewed alongside Mr. Keay? :D

Isn't Lindsay with Sean, or do they have some sort of sharing agreement? ;)

Archived