Canada drops to 87th

RJB

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

well if we have our A team ready to go, and Yallop has the boys motivated, i believe we can beat anyone on any given day, but no conmebol team could be a 'whipping boy' for us, it would be tough even at home. But getting back to your original idea, i would love to see a domestic international tournament back in canada- but not to beat easy teams. i would rather have close losses against good teams, like Peru and Bolivia and Austria to get us prepared for concacaf wcq- only by doing well in WCQ will we ever significantly move up the rankings.

Hey no offense but I've yet to see Yallop field an A team. I don't think he has one.

Peru and Chile as whipping boys? They may not be at the penicle of South American football, but they are no push overs. That said they would be good matches for Canada because they are good teams, but not the best. If Canada can beat them (which they could) it would be a great stepping stone to prepare for better teams. Canada should also try to get as many friendlies with the US and Mexico as possible. That's two quality teams a cash strapped CSA wouldn't have to travel far to face.

Archived