Durham Strikers 2005-2006

al

Hey there Striker fans!

Just wanted you to know that the Durham Strikers of the Durham Indoor Soccer League is up and running. Tonight we are coming off a 2-1 over the hated rival the 'Booze Brothers'. Final score is 2-1 for the Strikers with Al opening his scoring acount with the game winning penalty. After a hard fought opening 30 minutes and several chances by both sides, the 'Booze Brothers' took the lead 1-0 but the Strikers quickly struck back to tie and then took the lead with only a few minutes left on a penatly blasted right through the ' Booze Brothers' keeper. Moments earlier Al unleashed a 40 yard screamer which missed the top right crossbar by inches. Special mention goes to the Keay brothers as they ' Phil and Gary Nevilled ' their way in the midfield all game. On a sad note, Sean missed a penalty which was ultimately blamed on the bright lights of the stadium and something he ate earlier in the day. However, he did open his account in the previous game with a neatly placed header. During the play, Sean's brother had been knocked silly in the noggin by a bad clearance and Sean, sensing that his brother would be too dazed to know who Sean was...buried the ball into the open net while the opposing keeper tended to his fallen brother. It was only after had celebrated for 5 minutes that he realized that Ryan was still in pain.

Video has been sent to the FIFA Fair Play commitee to see if Sean will be recommended for this weeks Fair Play award.

Player Ratings

Sean 4/5

Ryan 4/5

Al 4/5

Stay tuned for more results.

Why does this thread have over 180 clicks? Something tells me there is an underground Sean Keay fan club in this board's midst. Or maybe it's an al fanclub? Keay brothers fanclub? And why does Sean merit a 4 when he missed a penalty? Surely that's at least a .5 deduction.

After some thought, I think 'Fair Play Keay' has a nice ring to it. Pour over those game tapes Sean, and maybe watch some Figo footage to incorporate a stutter step into your penalty taking routine. Listen, it's not that I wanted to question the technique of greatness; sometimes even the best players' skills need a bit of polishing. Plus, with a stutter step, you can get the keeper to commit, and then cheekily chip into the corner, or chip it over the now humiliated keeper.

Id like to let everyone know...i was not at the Durham Strikers Vs Centurions.... and we also played outside!

And i dont like the stutter step juaninho it confuses me too much let alone the keeper. But i definatly am a man of fair play and never give anyone any trouble on the field :P

And no it wasnt a baggio, i sent it wide right.... if it was on a regular sized net it would of went in

Archived