Halifax stadium good enough for USL D1?

Jason

I was watching the CIS football matchups yesterday and was thinking with the new Fieldturf at Huskie Stadium in Halifax that the stadium is probably sufficient for a USL D1 club. Isn't the capacity about 5000?

I realize that having a decent stadium is only a first step, but I thought it was worth discussion.

Jason

quote:Originally posted by Jason

I was watching the CIS football matchups yesterday and was thinking with the new Fieldturf at Huskie Stadium in Halifax that the stadium is probably sufficient for a USL D1 club. Isn't the capacity about 5000?

I realize that having a decent stadium is only a first step, but I thought it was worth discussion.

Jason

There was over 5900 at that game.

quote:Originally posted by Jason

Jason

Didn't the Nova Scotia Clippers of the CSL play out of there. And they had tge greatest name in the game to ever play CSL as well....

Gordon Hill.

it never ceases to amaze me how ugly gridiron football lines are...

why would the fans of american football even want those things marking up their field? They always have a down marker and an official's tape measure anyway...

quote:Originally posted by Dave

it never ceases to amaze me how ugly gridiron football lines are...

why would the fans of american football even want those things marking up their field? They always have a down marker and an official's tape measure anyway...

Uh, so they know what's going on and to not bring the tape out all the time?

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Let us not forget 'stadium' that the Ottawa team played in during the first year of the CSL season in Alymer.

Brutal. TSN showed the very first game of the CSL from that "facility". It started to pour rain and within minutes one of their cameras shorted out live on air.

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

Brutal. TSN showed the very first game of the CSL from that "facility". It started to pour rain and within minutes one of their cameras shorted out live on air.

I think the Pioneers drew better out on the Quebec side of the Outaouais than they did at the equally lame Terry Fox in Ottawa as the Intrepid.

Nothing, although I've never been.

You're asking if that stadium is good enough for USL D1. I'm stating that it looks pretty ragged to be a D1 stadium compared to what's there now (Atlanta is moving into a SSS). How is capacity 5k if there's only stands on one side?

Archived