Who's going to Austria?

Daniel

From http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8311

Following the example of the Luxembourg thread.

The game will be on Wednesday, March 1st at Ernest Hapoel Stadium (which will host the Euro 2008 final). Cheap links from the likes of Budapest and Bratislava are available.

I should be in Bratislava on the previous weekend and in town for the game (and maybe a few days after that).

Hostels I've stayed in: Wombat's (18euros, bar) and some other one a block down (like 12euros and you can go to Wombat's bar :P).

Count me in. Stayed at Wombat's in Munich and enjoyed the experience so I'm more than likely going to check out the Vienna location.

I'm also trying to work out going to the Olympics, so I won't book until I figure out if I'm going to Turin or not.

Might go to Slovenia after the game as I've never been and would like to go.

If I didn't have school I'd be there in a second. I was in Vienna this summer and made so many friends that I would of had a free place to stay.

I caught 2 games while I was there: Rapid Vienna in a Champions League qualifier and Austria Vienna in a league match against Sturm Graz.

Neither of the games were at the Ernest Hapoel Stadium though as I believe it was being renovated (putting some sort of heating system under the grass if I understood correctly).

More photos of the stadium here: http://www.stadionwelt.de/Stadionwelt-Stadien-Arenen/Stadionlisten/Oesterreich/Ernst%20Happel%20Stadion/Stadionbilder%20Ernst%20Happel%20Stadion.html

Also a little nugget from the English FA website: The Ernst-Happel-Stadion is close to Vienna International Airport and can be reached by tram (No. 21) or bus (83A or 84A).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saviola7 - there are cheap flights from Cologne (Köln). For example with Germanwings 126 Euro including tax return. They fly 3 times daily all week long. I'm very interested in going myself and I could shoot myself for missing out on the Luxemburg game! Just ran downstairs and talked to the wife. Damn now I'm excited. It's a go, it looks like I'll be coming. I might even try to convince my boss to make it a business trip as I have a customer in Vienna. That would mean I'd just have to pay for the game ticket. Daniel, I would very much look forward to partying with you in Vienna. Are you "Montreal" Daniel? Awesome! I've started to drink beer. Ha, it turned out to be a great Saturday night after all. How are we going to organise ticket purchases so that we all sit together or close to one another?

Saviola 7 - sorry, I just notice Leiden is on the coast and therefore about a 2 - 2.5 hours drive to Köln. How about any of the airlines I mentioned from AMS? Are there any "cheap flight" airports near you?

I'll be there. I'm flying EasyJet out of Luton to Bratislava for 20 pounds. I'm spending that weekend in Manchester so I'm flying back there from Vienna with Air Berlin/NIKI. A bit (or lot) more expensive, but wotrh it for convenience.

Archived