CIS Men's Soccer Nationals

aussoccerfan

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Yeah, you are the eligibility genius now. You don't think everyone knows he was in Serbia and at Whitecaps, including his rivals, and that UBC did not check out his eligibility before signing him? Now you are just being a jerk off. Quick, call U of T, for sure they can still win the national championship in the back offices.

Geez, we better check out what Impact paid those college kids, for sure they are not NCAA eligible. Get real buddy, playing pro level and having a pro contract signed or getting paid as a pro is rather different, as all the college kids doing time in A-League clubs would testify.

Why don't you check out what Wagenaar got paid to go to the Canada camp in Spain, for sure that made him NCAA ineligible, quick, tell the guys who put him on the all-division team!

Wow, you're being quite aggresive for no reason. It's well known that the NCAA doesn't tolerate pro athlete to compete but in a sports like soccer(less control) you'll find some pros here and there specially at the NCAA D2 level and D3. The same apply to the CIAU but after checking the summary rules on their website I think they can charge you a year of eligibility if you played pro.

Don't panic and don,t insult me I was on the impression that pro athlete aren't tolerate since we had some problems with a belgian guy when I played a few years ago. Like I said I was gonna check to verify and that's what I did.

BTW, the PDL was create for college(NCAA) kids to play semi-pro during the summer. You won't find one A-League player in the NCAA. The thing is I was confuse between the NCAA legislation who's quite severe and the CIAU who seem to be a little bit more permissive.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by loyola

Wow, you're being quite aggresive for no reason. It's well known that the NCAA doesn't tolerate pro athlete to compete but in a sports like soccer(less control) you'll find some pros here and there specially at the NCAA D2 level and D3. The same apply to the CIAU but after checking the summary rules on their website I think they can charge you a year of eligibility if you played pro.

Don't panic and don,t insult me I was on the impression that pro athlete aren't tolerate since we had some problems with a belgian guy when I played a few years ago. Like I said I was gonna check to verify and that's what I did.

BTW, the PDL was create for college(NCAA) kids to play semi-pro during the summer. You won't find one A-League player in the NCAA. The thing is I was confuse between the NCAA legislation who's quite severe and the CIAU who seem to be a little bit more permissive.

Fine Loyola, your answer was nicer than my aggressive reaction, so credit to you. But it did seem that you wanted to question a player's eligibility as part of a discussion of his quality in the overall Canada scheme of things. As if by proving he was playing against the rules you could prove the players you vouch for as being better, a way of discrediting him.

But you do realize that what you were saying is that if you had found evidence of an incorrect practice it implied reviewing the national inter-university championship, don't you? That seemed a bit extreme, but sorry for the reaction in any case.

I still insist that the guy walked into UBC in September and 10 weeks later they are national champs. I think he is the key difference in this win, no question. His level is obviously way higher than university standards, but it is not his fault he wants to play soccer while getting an education as a mature student.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived