Jonathan De Guzman

john tv

Only when soccer becomes the main stable of our Canadian sporting life will we be able to critisize our performance on and of the field,since we are not playing on even playing fields.We must and again we must get the media on our side and even if it means that soccer may overtake hockey that's what it will take. That is our battle.Soccer is a world game and watched by the whole world. Next year we have our chance to convince the Toronto media what soccer represents. Even Toronto F.C will be as we are as a nation the beneficiary.Our guys and hey money talks and b.. sh..t walks are all doing the only thing and that is play on the highest levels and make that most money. Anyone who disagrees should have been living in old Russia. It is all about money.

We must get the media on our side and we must fight for that as I have.

It is all about our youth and their dreams. we must provide them with that opportunity and even playing field.

I don't blame Jonathan or Hargreaves,hey I immigrated to Canada and if asked I will represent Canada even against a Dutch team. Probably would even enjoy it.

It is about equal opportunity and even playing fields. Sofar the CSA has been doing a great job and sofar the media is dancing the right tune. Next year gentlemen is our turn. We must create that excitement that soccer is famous for.We have a bunch of month to contemplate and get organized.That is my two cents worth,the blame well again we are not in a position of recognition and never have been and that has to change very soon and we can help and do it big time.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Moosehead

I am a very patriotic Canadian, but my views have changed. I don't think I could play soccer for Kevan Pipe. I wouldn't play soccer for some free loading bureaucrat messing up my soccer career with his cavalier amateur attitude.

You've never had a job you loved with a boss you hated?

And not even immediate boss (aka a coach), but a higher up you never see? You suck it up and do your best.

I'd love to know which players on the national team are 'playing for Kevan Pipe'.

I'm sure Kevin McKenna grew up saying to himself, "one day I'm gonna play for Kevan Pipe!" [8)]

Players play for their country, not for the COO of the local FA. While I agree that there has been a lot wrong done by the CSA over the years (and a lot right, btw), this overblown hatred of Kevan Pipe is really getting out of hand on this board.

Do people on this board realize that the CSA is not the only local FA that has f-ed up from time to time? Even FIFA, the all-encompassing FA, has made some monumental blunders in their day.

Players from other countries don't play for their FA's chief, their play for their country. Why should it be any different here?

Archived