Kevan Pipe villan or hero

john tv

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by john tv

He jerkey I am going to be 70 soon and I am totally retired.You have a warped mind,maybe the Barcelona hookers are getting to you.

Hey John, no need to insult. I actually do appreciate you a lot, just that I think we need to relativize the whole MLS euphoria, in the end it is just a team and stadium in two years time.

And I am in fact in favour of MLS coming to Canada, glad it is in Toronto, and am quite pleased we are finally getting over the shame of having the worst soccer stadium infrastructure in the OECD.

Tell me more about the hookers in Barcelona will you, I think that maybe their fame is no longer so well deserved. Though I do happen to live and work right near the classic "tough" strips in the Raval.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Hey John, no need to insult. I actually do appreciate you a lot, just that I think we need to relativize the whole MLS euphoria, in the end it is just a team and stadium in two years time.

And I am in fact in favour of MLS coming to Canada, glad it is in Toronto, and am quite pleased we are finally getting over the shame of having the worst soccer stadium infrastructure in the OECD.

Tell me more about the hookers in Barcelona will you, I think that maybe their fame is no longer so well deserved. Though I do happen to live and work right near the classic "tough" strips in the Raval.

May heve been that nasty 84% proof Pernod.Boy that Spanish stuff, I still shudder and that after 48 years.

I am glad you do support this whole thing. I am sure there will be the cusatomary screw ups, who knows strikes,you name it,such is live. Time is of the essense so we can't afford any problems,so our mateador Kevan has to stay on top of this thing.These Spanish girls I know came from Tormolinos and "worked" in Barcelona.

I just noticed that Jonathan De Guzman made the headlines in the Star,maybe there is some spie reading our stuff.Is Julian creating the same stirr in Spain as his brother is?

One more thing this Dutch stuff in Barca,how do the localites feel about this it seems Dutch domination.

Guest Jeffery S.

May heve been that nasty 84% proof Pernod.Boy that Spanish stuff, I still shudder and that after 48 years.

I am glad you do support this whole thing. I am sure there will be the cusatomary screw ups, who knows strikes,you name it,such is live. Time is of the essense so we can't afford any problems,so our mateador Kevan has to stay on top of this thing.These Spanish girls I know came from Tormolinos and "worked" in Barcelona.

I just noticed that Jonathan De Guzman made the headlines in the Star,maybe there is some spie reading our stuff.Is Julian creating the same stirr in Spain as his brother is?

One more thing this Dutch stuff in Barca,how do the localites feel about this it seems Dutch domination.

You are probably aware that Spain has probably the best sports journalism structure in the world, bar none, so I did read a report on Feynoord's game in El Mundo Deportivo today, mentioning Jonathan, and calling him "Canadian". But noone seems to have clued in yet that he is Julian's brother.

Of course with strong Dutch connections in Spain, and that includes FIFA agents like Rob Cohen, others, I am sure those who should be on top of things will know about Jonathan. Of course the best thing that can happen is for him to be able to play in Holland, as in Spain he would likely sit on the bench, unless he signed for a lesser team. And he would not want to do that, nor would Feyenoord want to sell him for what a lesser side could pay.

I believe in the view from the big 4 leagues that you let the players develop in Holland and buy them when they have done a bit, as the prices are relatively low for the quality, they adjust well to any soccer culture (both in play and in language abilities, normally, Overmaars apart), and they tend to appreciate a greater limelight than Holland. Some go a bit nutty (Kluivert), but most are quite honest and hard-working (Cocu, one of the greatest professionals in Europe).

My prediction is that if Jonathan progresses and the team does well in the next two years, including in Europe, he'll be sold for 3-4 million to Spain or England. Though the former, with his brother here, is now a real possibility. Wonder who his agent is, same as his bros?

Richard I tried to get the enthousiasm from this board that is so needed. I wonder if any of these guys will ever show up at a MLS game. Afterall they have a very questionable and even negative attitude and certainly a tremendous lack of of enthousiasm.

On behalf of those insulted by your pathetic generalization;

BITE ME.

What a stupid comment.

I'd say we, as Voyageurs, humbly suggest that Kevan be immediately nominated for the Order of Canada, (dare I suggest a Knighthood?).

Only a man with balls as big as Brazil could finally, after a Herculean 2 year effort, manage to spend $35 million dollars dropped in his lap.

Bravo, Kevan, Bravo!!!!

Richard can hold his train as they go down the aisle for the honours.

I'm not what they need? You question my commitment as a fan based on your skewed interpretation of comments on here and you know all there is to know about me?

Again...BITE ME. Don't you ever call me a "menace" to the game again without knowing me, numbnuts.

I'd say that you insulted quite a few people with your lame generalization-I just simply called you out on it.

Ed and loud mouth you are not what soccer needs.You are using this forum to get your hang outs and imperfactions out.It's a shame but that's what we are exposed to every day. Controversey and people who are a menace for some crazy reaon.

I find it quite ironic that you in particular talk about using a forum for 'my hangups'. Two words dude: "Media" + "Conspiracy".

I try to support the players. Kevan Pipe has overseen the steady decline of our national men's program for 20 years. He should get a real job.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

I find it quite ironic that you in particular talk about using a forum for 'my hangups'. Two words dude: "Media" + "Conspiracy".

I try to support the players. Kevan Pipe has overseen the steady decline of our national men's program for 20 years. He should get a real job.

Hear Hear.

It is amazing that this internet thing appears to enter an area that never before existed,namely to speak whatever mind you think you have. Of course there are so many ways of looking at things that at most cases all view points may be correct.You are dealing with so many different backgrounds,upbringing,nationalities,schooling,

psychotic problems,hang ups,dislikes etc. All that stuff is hanging out to dry right in front of us.I guess we have to sort out whom can we identify with or sometimes there is simply nothing.I suppose we have to respect all viewpoints and show the utmost of understanding,despite our strong convictions and strong misgivings.I believe very strongly in all the things have said or written and it is very difficult to change my mind. This of course is also based upon raw experience. Anyway this internet thing is radical,valuable,controversial,hilarious,international,--------you can fill in the rest.

John, what exactly are you expecting people to do here? Go to Ottawa, drop his pants and suck him off? Several guys have pointed out their enthusiasm in all the great discussions that I read everyday on this board. Kevan Pipe has done what no one else has yes, he got us a stadium, Im psyched about it, its great. All of us are pumped, we actually have something on Canadian soccer to read and talk about in early November. But he still has alot more to do before any of us go and drop his pants....

I would like to think that this thing is only a stepping stone to better things to come. First we will have a national stadium,second we will have a MLS franchise and 3rd,the media will have no choice but to pay a lot more attention to Canadian soccer. I guess we should have a large snowball effect.Wait till the girls play in this stadium,or we get the WC in Women soccer.I saw thew line ups of little girls trying to get a glimpse or authograph of Mia Hamm here at Varsity,amazing stuff.There were hundreds of them.Anyway Kevan got the ball rolling in the best way possible and it is up to the team,the fans,the PR guys,marketing and TV broadcast rights etc.I really don't know what more Kevan can do.We also have some of the finest coaches on the national levels,while our crop of young players is the best ever. Everything is falling into place.

Archived