MLS Seasons Tickets - Who's Buying?

Manuel

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

I am getting mine the day they go on sale, right behind the net.

U-sector will be on fire

Opening is going to take massive amounts of planning. When things get a little bit more concrete on the MLS front you guys should go to the team director and let them know what the U-Sector is all about. It would be cool if the team would adopt you guys into their ticketing strategy right off the bat and designate one section as a standing general admission area.

Just think though. There's about a year and a half to go before the first game. Imagine how much can actually be done before the team even takes to the field. Banners, flags, drums, mosaics etc. can all be arranged perfectly. Tailgates can be planned. I'm sure it'll wind up on TV so the impression that you'll be able to make will be huge. I'm stoked for this, and right now I really wish that I was living in Toronto again.

Well that will be one of the things we'll have to talk about as a group, if we all get season tickets they'll all have to be in the same area to be a large vocal section - assuming the end-zones aren't a general admission section.

But yeah, I intend to purchase them, and so do a couple other members of my family.

I personally doubt I'll buy season tickets, but I do hope to attend a good chunk of matches.

Yesterday I took a look at some of the other MLS season ticket packages. For example, the Chicago Fire season ticket package only offered $4/game off the single ticket prices, which surprised me. I'm sure that the games I'd end up missing during the season would make the season ticket less attractive financially. At Crystal Palace in England, for example, a season ticket works out to around half the cost of single tickets. I'm not sure how season tickets generally work in North America though, as I've never considered buying one before.

(I also noticed that the San Jose Earthquakes had no information regarding next year's season tickets... An ominous sign?)

But planning as to where the "U-Sector" would gather should be done, and discussions with the team PR people or directors would make sense before anyone decides on a location like the end zone. If this stadium is designed with the CFL in mind, it might be that the end zone seats are less close to the pitch.

I personally doubt I'll buy season tickets, but I do hope to attend a good chunk of matches.

Yesterday I took a look at some of the other MLS season ticket packages. For example, the Chicago Fire season ticket package only offered $4/game off the single ticket prices, which surprised me. I'm sure that the games I'd end up missing during the season would make the season ticket less attractive financially. At Crystal Palace in England, for example, a season ticket works out to around half the cost of single tickets. I'm not sure how season tickets generally work in North America though, as I've never considered buying one before.

(I also noticed that the San Jose Earthquakes had no information regarding next year's season tickets... An ominous sign?)

But planning as to where the "U-Sector" would gather should be done, and discussions with the team PR people or directors would make sense before anyone decides on a location like the end zone. If this stadium is designed with the CFL in mind, it might be that the end zone seats are less close to the pitch.

Here is a how much tickets cost around the MLS:

seasontix.jpg

* The most expensive tickets were sold out when I made this, and they didn't list a price for these corparate tickets, it was just listed as sold out.

*** I don't remember correctly what this was, I think in KC you didn't get the exibitions/cup games where evrywhere else you dd with seasosn tickets.

Here is a how much tickets cost around the MLS:

seasontix.jpg

* The most expensive tickets were sold out when I made this, and they didn't list a price for these corparate tickets, it was just listed as sold out.

*** I don't remember correctly what this was, I think in KC you didn't get the exibitions/cup games where evrywhere else you dd with seasosn tickets.

In vancouver I was the first person to put money down on club seats (or any public seats for that matter), so I expect to get the best 'view' seats in the stadium. If they do go forward with a southside in Vancouver I'll also get a pair of those. Spend a half up in the club seats with the wife and a half with the mates in the southside. Thats my plan.

In vancouver I was the first person to put money down on club seats (or any public seats for that matter), so I expect to get the best 'view' seats in the stadium. If they do go forward with a southside in Vancouver I'll also get a pair of those. Spend a half up in the club seats with the wife and a half with the mates in the southside. Thats my plan.

quote:Originally posted by François

Who will be left to watch the Lynx?

They'll run an all-school day schedule in which every match will be played at noon.

That way they'll be assured of at least 3000 disinterested kids for each game.

quote:

Just think though. There's about a year and a half to go before the first game. Imagine how much can actually be done before the team even takes to the field. Banners, flags, drums, mosaics etc. can all be arranged perfectly. Tailgates can be planned. I'm sure it'll wind up on TV so the impression that you'll be able to make will be huge. I'm stoked for this, and right now I really wish that I was living in Toronto again.

Yes, Toronto fans really need to announce our arrival into MLS with bang. No half-assed polite sunday afternoon clapping at Dave Perkins ballgames here. This is where many of us being so-called euro and latin snobs will be an advantage. We know how great an impression well organised fan support can make. Toronto fans must be regarded as a 12th man on the field.

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

I'm not sure how season tickets generally work in North America though, as I've never considered buying one before.

As a season ticket holder to two of MLSE's other teams I can tell you the sort of break they give us:

I get the right to pre-pay for my tickets months in advance

I get the right to pay the same price for my tickets in advance as I would at the door

I get the right to have them insist </u>that I purchase meaningless pre-season games at the same price

I get the right to have them tell me that if I dare cancel my Raptors tickets they will revoke my Leafs tickets

I get the right to pay an annual maintenance fee.

I get a discount at their Centre Ice store which manages to bring the merchandise down to only 125% of the cost of the same goods at the Bay!

[B)]

Now, I am sure, they will treat their soccer fan client's much differently. ;)

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

For all my bitchin' bout the stadium design, I would put my name down for ticks at the new stadium as well if I lived there now. Even without knowing the prices, just a way of giving support to the team in general. You can always decide against later on. Same with MLS in Toronto, the day the chance comes you just sign up, pending final confirmation. Get some momentum going on ticket sales to support the club, even if you have not given them payment details.

I think that being bound to the same seat every game is quite terrible, there is nothing better than enjoying a team from different spots in the stadium over a year.

Archived