Giacomi fears for future

jordan

Rangers goalkeeper Roberto Giacomi fears he may have blown his chances of earning a new contract with the Old Firm club.

The Canadian youth international, who joined The Gers on a two-year deal in the summer of 2004, has had a nightmare time on loan at Scottish Second Division club Stirling Albion.

The 19-year-old has conceded eight goals in four league matches with The Binos, with the young custodian having already lost his place to Stirling number one Myles Hogarth.

Giacomi believes his poor performances may have ended any hopes of extending his career at Ibrox.

"Rangers are blessed with experienced keepers, so getting into the first team could be difficult," Giacomi told the Daily Record.

"Ronald Waterreus has done well and they also have Stefan Klos, Allan McGregor and other talented boys.

"I felt I'd have a first-team chance in the future if I did well at Stirling. Things could have gone a lot better there.

"I made a few mistakes and my head has probably gone down.

"I don't how much longer I will be in Scotland unless I push myself to get back into the Stirling team ahead of Myles and prove to Mr McLeish what I can do at first-team level."

quote:Originally posted by Timotas

Rob is a naturally talented keeper.

But I found when I played with him a couple years ago that he lacked concentration. He seemed to be always messing around during games.

Edit: Spelling

The Barneveld of Goalkeeping. lol

Archived