Vancouver Pro-Stadium Group Soft Launch

Hi folks,

I've finished a basic web site to begin the grassroot efforts to support Vancouver's Waterfront Stadium. It's very simple, (no graphics, a weblog, online petitions, tips on how the public can help, a faq & online newsletter to come). The logo is something I will change soon when I have time.

At the moment, I'm opening it up to the Voyageurs for feedback and suggestions. I'd also like to get an organizing meeting happening soon for folks in the Vancouver area. If you have any comments or suggestions, please post them here, or feel free to e-mail me at friendsofsoccer@hotmail.com

You can find the site at:

www.friendsofsoccer.org

I'm in the middle of moving to a new apartment this week, so there won't be much in terms of changes until next week. But I'd thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Cheers,

Bill Currie

quote:Originally posted by Udinese

Maybee you should wait 2 years . It will be that long before the City can approve the deal/

Not quite...the City could approve the deal after the consultant's report comes out in 6 months. 2 years is the how long it could take if subjected to a complete re-zoning review (unlikely). In the meantime, there's lots of opportunities for our group to influence opinion. For example:

A.) There's a Civic election on November 19...not a lot of time to influence the vote, but we can at least identify the position of council candidates on the stadium issue.

B.) There's going to be a series of public hearings and open houses on the stadium project begining as early as late November. We'll be there.

C.)There's a long, ongoing public education campaign on the need for this stadium, and the benefits it will have for the city and the game. There'll be lots to do there.

There's also room for people from outside of BC to get involved as well. For starters, you could sign the petition at www.friendsofsoccer.org to show your support.

So, if you'd like to get involved, there's no better time than the present![8D]

Cheers,

Bill Currie

Archived