Canoe Soccer Poll: MLS in Toronto

I wonder what the results would be if the question pertained to say, lacrosse or tennis? Indeed anything other than hockey, football (gridiron) and basketball. I also note when I clicked on your link, that a grand total of 56 votes had been cast, 57 after I voted!

As useless as most online polls are (subject to trolling etc) I find the Canoe poll usually a fair indicator of public opinion and it doesn't usually have a troll response.

I try to figure out what the results are before I see them and I am usually pretty close.

I have to say though, this one kind of surprised me.

Edit: After posting this I guess the results will now be skewed, kind of a Voyageur version of stuffing the ballot box.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

I wonder what the results would be if the question pertained to say, lacrosse or tennis? Indeed anything other than hockey, football (gridiron) and basketball. I also note when I clicked on your link, that a grand total of 56 votes had been cast, 57 after I voted!

I believe, the case of lacrosse, people care. Unlike soccer fans, they show that by going to the games. I ask you, when was the last time a domestic soccer game drew more than 10,000 people in Toronto...the Lacrosse fans show up in numbers for every game.

One thing that may skew results is use of the Slam site by soccer fans. I doubt that many people who would be interested in such a team actually access soccer information from Slam. Even though they post CP stuff, I rarely use it for information of anything pertaining to soccer. Also remember it is affiliated with the Sun chain, the lowest common denominator when it comes to media.

quote:Originally posted by TOareaFan

I believe, the case of lacrosse, people care. Unlike soccer fans, they show that by going to the games. I ask you, when was the last time a domestic soccer game drew more than 10,000 people in Toronto...the Lacrosse fans show up in numbers for every game.

Depending on what you mean by a domestic soccer game, the last time the NASL Blizzard played in Toronto, IIRC. Of course there were more recent crowds larger than 10,000 to see the Canadian national team play, but there hasn't been a venue that seats anything over that number in about 6 years.

But yes, I suspect the main problem with this poll is that its not limited to Toronto-area posters. I'm not surprised about the percentages. We're the largest city, but we don't have the majority of the countries population.

• 1 year later...

Archived