MLS ancmnt re: Toronto expansion Oct 11+, Stadium

jeffymac1971

quote:Originally posted by Franky

god bless you john tv, can you throw a couple of bucks to the councillors to ensure the decision we are looking for.:D

Hell, he could just donate the $10 million that was supposed to come from the City himself if the vote doesn't go as planned ;)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Can we do one for Perkins as well and email to him? :)

As requested, G-L. Please feel free to email this to everyone's favourite paragon of journalistic integrity.

finger.jpgperkins_d.jpg

Hey Free Kick, remember back, i believe it was the '02 season, the ultras ventured to Scallywags one evening, upstairs patio to watch the Lynx take on the Whitecaps on Fox.

There was the first initial serious notion of an MLS franchise in Toronto. we all laughed about it, thinking it could never happen, although, i remember you and myself, were avidly vying for MLS instead of having this hopeless Lynx organization. My o my, how things have changed in three years.

i know some of you are going to say, there was another discussion about the Skydome bringing MLS to Toronto back in the late 90's but is was a very weak attempt, at most. Heck, they even considered having a team play out of the Skydome during the winter months in the Mexican league, some good chuckles of memories.

DIG A HOLE AND BUILD IT!!! CLAP! CLAP!...CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

Well I'm not Free Kick, but I do remember that. I think it was a get-together just after it had been first announced that MLS were actively seeking to expand into Canada. Prior to that all the scuttlebut had been that MLS wouldn't come to Canada because it was set up to help the US National team and not Canada.

Archived