Jonathan De Guzman Article

An Observer

Just thinking about WYC 2007 and if DeGuzman is as good as we like to think he is it could be a real coming out party for him and a new era in Canadian soccer.

It could be the first time where some of our U20 kids will be regulars for professional clubs and not youth programs.

Lombardo, DeGuzman, Johnson, Peters, Begovic off the top of my head.

I think it would be a great kick start to the program if Jon pulls the anti-Whore and plays for Canada. It could make a real statement for the future.

Someone should give Steve Nash this kid's phone number. :)

[:P]

No, no, Geezus no. Not me. I learnt my lesson a loooong time ago. Leave old farmers alone. They're harder than nails and can drink like fish.

Umm. Not saying your a farmer or anything...

And regarding grey hairs. Don't let the long locks fool you. I'd pluck the grey ones out but I'm getting to the point where every one counts.

I don't know if any of you ever looked at the Royal Dutch Soccer Federation web site as I suggested previously, but go to www.knvb.nl go to competities than go to ab junioren and than pick the 2004-2005 a.b.nike beste nike player and there he is, on top of all the magic Dutch club names.This is mind boggling.I have told you guys for years that we have very good young Canadian soccer players,hell I saw them grow up and play and most of them are good friends of mine at least the Pickering/Toronto and Scarborough ones.I even coached against them. I must say that I have sent a bunch of e-mails to the media and we will see what they will do about it.

I just received an e-mail from a Feyenoord supporter,and these were his comments.De Guzman played very well today.Never lost the ball and alway was in the correct position and always solved the problems.His pass to Kuyt was absolutely magic.This boy is more than brilliant and he is only 18!

Willem van Haanegem, who was known for the way he could bent the ball and one of the most famous soccer players in Holland as well as a former coach under Dick Advocaat reacted on my request and said that Feyenoord should lock Jonathan up for at least 5 years.

Archived