Player exposure questions

I just finished posting Justin Thompson - Worcester City (Nationwide Conference North) (6) and I was wondering what kind of career move is this. Is this actually better than the USLD1? Monetarily? For exposure? Would the training be better (I have my doubts), would the atmosphere be better? Dunno.

Would he be viewed by more scouts as a small fish in a big pond vs being a bigger fish in a small pond over here. What I am saying is look at all the USLD1 guys who have been "discovered" for Scandinavia and the Championship. He's still a long way from the Tippeligaen and the Championship.

He must have had a good reason for signing there rather than USLD1.

Enlighten me oh wisened ones.

He'll be pouring pints at the local if he wants any chance to rub more than two pennys together at that level.

Exposure I guess although I think he's likely well off the radar in Nationwide anything. But you never know I guess. Worcester may have training staff doing duty at other, better placed clubs. The gaffer has connections and dose some lower league scouting for Bigger Fish, blah, blah, blah.

It is curious though. Talk about working your way up from the bottom.

Hell, maybe he's over on an extended holiday and just wants to kick it about some while he makes the rounds of family and friends.

Football: Non-league: Worcester deal

105 words

1 October 2005

Sports Argus

English

Copyright Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd, 2005

CANADIAN Justin Thompson has agreed to join Worcester City on a permanent basis after being unable to land a deal in the Football League. The defender had been on trial with both Gillingham and Dundee, but without success.

City boss Andy Preece claimed: "I had Justin at Bury. He has all the attributes to do well.

"When I left Bury, Justin went to Orient and then went back to play professionally in the USA.

"But he still wants to try his luck in England and I believe the best route for him to take is playing well with Worcester

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

I just finished posting Justin Thompson - Worcester City (Nationwide Conference North) (6) and I was wondering what kind of career move is this. Is this actually better than the USLD1? Monetarily? For exposure? Would the training be better (I have my doubts), would the atmosphere be better? Dunno.

Would he be viewed by more scouts as a small fish in a big pond vs being a bigger fish in a small pond over here. What I am saying is look at all the USLD1 guys who have been "discovered" for Scandinavia and the Championship. He's still a long way from the Tippeligaen and the Championship.

He must have had a good reason for signing there rather than USLD1.

Enlighten me oh wisened ones.

I'm not sure about the $, but I think it's safe to say that he will need to be a dominant player at this level if he wants to earn a look by a higher club.

All credit to him to take what he could get and try to work his way up.

Jason

Archived