Voyageurs Server End Finances - Funding Drive

Jarrek

We need to raise $793.00 USD to keep the forum running in a healthy state.

As of Sept 28, 2005

Revenue

Google Ad Sense Program ................ $514.32 USD

(August 20, 2004 - September 28, 2004)

Expenses

Ev1Servers.net Dedicated Hosting ....... $1308.00 USD

(August 20, 2004 - August 20, 2005)

Profit: -$793.68

How to Help

Go to www.canadian-soccer.com , click on "Make a Donation"

Or send a donation to:

The Voyageurs c/o Jaroslaw Popowicz

1290 Eglinton Avenue East Suite 4

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

L4W 1K8

Make cheque out to "Jaroslaw Popowicz"

If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep the costs down, that would be great.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, I enjoy this site, and although I'd prefer for it to be self-sufficient, I'll help out with a contribution.

I'm assuming you've already found the most appropriate server hosting option for our needs? Do we need a dedicated server, or would a shared server suffice?

There's a problem with the URL above )(has an extraneous ',') and also a problem with the "make a donation" button on the home page.

Ready to contribute when I can.

Ed, can you tell me the problem with the make a donation button? It seems to work for me.

sstackho, A shared server isn't going to work simply because of the volume of traffic this site receives. This dedicated server seems to do the job right, but if anyone has any less expensive solutions (ASP Windows Server) please suggest them.

Jarrek,

Don't post much anymore, but read regularly, anyway I hoope this helps.

You could use AdLinks to boost the revenue, I have never done it before and don’t know how much more money it could generate, however the ad looks like it is part of the site, and less like an actual ad. Here is a link giving you more info on it.

https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=15817&topic=294

Also, here is a forum that uses this. The example is across the top of the page just above the red bar.

http://www.cashflowcanada.com/forums/

Ciao

Massimo

Jarrek,

Don't post much anymore, but read regularly, anyway I hoope this helps.

You could use AdLinks to boost the revenue, I have never done it before and don’t know how much more money it could generate, however the ad looks like it is part of the site, and less like an actual ad. Here is a link giving you more info on it.

https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=15817&topic=294

Also, here is a forum that uses this. The example is across the top of the page just above the red bar.

http://www.cashflowcanada.com/forums/

Ciao

Massimo

Redhat,

Thanks for the donation! Much appreciated.

Massimo, Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it.

I think overall though, what we need to do is set up some sort of comitees, board or whatever just to orginize ourselves better. I'd love to do it all, but it's next to impossible.

I know that this board is full of accountants, lawyers, IT tech people, etc, surely we can come up with some kind of a system which is fully transparent to its users, yet break even.

I'm not saying that it should become some kind of aristocracy, but let's throw some ideas around.

Redhat,

Thanks for the donation! Much appreciated.

Massimo, Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it.

I think overall though, what we need to do is set up some sort of comitees, board or whatever just to orginize ourselves better. I'd love to do it all, but it's next to impossible.

I know that this board is full of accountants, lawyers, IT tech people, etc, surely we can come up with some kind of a system which is fully transparent to its users, yet break even.

I'm not saying that it should become some kind of aristocracy, but let's throw some ideas around.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Chalk me up for an IT guy, if you need help in that domain I could help you out. Let me know, I'll do what I can.

Chalk me up for an IT guy, if you need help in that domain I could help you out. Let me know, I'll do what I can.

Ed, can you tell me the problem with the make a donation button? It seems to work for me.

I can't replicate the problem with the 'Make Donation' button. I assume I was not hallucinating but I am not sure as I also can't replicate the url problem. I'll shut up and donate now.

Archived