Lenarduzzi & Saputo on Soccercentral Sept 24

brodycheese

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

By the way...I went to one of the Whitecaps stadium sneak peeks recently. This will be better than anything they eventually come up with in Toronto, and it's miles ahead of the Montreal Park. It will be the single greatest soccer specific stadium in North America, period.

Have you seen the the sneak peeks of the Montreal and Toronto stadium?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Have you seen the the sneak peeks of the Montreal and Toronto stadium?

I've seen the Montreal plans, and obviously, I haven't seen any plans of Toronto because there are none, but even the very first plans and the York proposal are nowhere even close.

It's the location that will make it the best of the best. Plus the fact they're not going budget like Montreal (Most of the stands are completely exposed to the elements).

Bridgeview and Carson are nice, the new Colorado park will be nice and I'm sure they'll go all out in New York and Salt Lake City...but I still say...Vancouver will take the cake.

According to the Star, Kevin pipe says the Toronto stadium (planned originally for the Downsview site) will have a removeable roof:

quote:Pipe said $27 million of federal money would be available to build the new facility, which includes a "winter inflatable bubble" roof so it can be used year-round.

Star article (Sept. 7, 2005)

Plans are to be revealed after City council approves the Exhibition site downtown on October 26

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I don't think that's a roof. They just cover the field during the winter.

In ottawa they put on a bubble over Landowne and run leagues all winter. I'm told it's quite successful.

Which may suggest a feilturf surface.

• 4 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

MLSE isn't paying a cent for the Sports and Entertainment facility in Oshawa but will be taking in huge fees to run the facility. MLSE wants the facilities becuase they can control who gets in and who gets out and how much it's going to cost people. Does one really think that MLSE will show any kindness to others when they have control of the stadium? Not a chance. They are in it to make money for the teachers fund.

The idea that MLSE knows the sports scene is complete clap trap. MLSE lives off the cult personality and doesn't have to promote themselves. The Raptors lived for a long time on novelty and Vince Carter and showning anything to promote themselves. The Marlies are to maintain control over their facilities.

MLSE is the definition of the "corperate welfare bum".

Speaking out of your back end again.

The Stadium in Oshawa is be9ing built by the City of Oshawa. They have tendered the operation of the building and MLSE has won the right to run and manage the facility. They are not the only conpany in North America that is in the business of running sporting facilities.

The Marlies are their farm team which they have moved to Toronto, they brought them here because since the Edmontons and calgarys of the worl left the east coast, travel has become horrible. Thye also filled a hole left buy the criminal Edmonto owned roadrunner who left rubber checks all over the city and also stiffed the City Of Toronto for 20 Million in not kept promises.

MLSE run a very solid Hockey team , makes the playoff evey year unlike your OILcan.

Stop pissing on a billion $ corporation, when all you have is not making the playoffs in your future.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Saputo doesn't want to be second-fiddle soccer in Canada. Kerfoot probably thinks the same way. Yet, neither want to pony up $10m for the MLS expansion fee and are keeping an eye on Toronto. Ideally, they'd try to negotiate something to get into MLS without paying $20m and without going into SEM, a formula which I know Saputo hates.

What color do you dream in. MLS will require full up pay to get in. Who the f do you think VCR and MTL are.

Get real. MTL will probably never get in SAputo to tight to spend the cash needed. He is a big baby .

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

I've seen the Montreal plans, and obviously, I haven't seen any plans of Toronto because there are none, but even the very first plans and the York proposal are nowhere even close.

It's the location that will make it the best of the best. Plus the fact they're not going budget like Montreal (Most of the stands are completely exposed to the elements).

Bridgeview and Carson are nice, the new Colorado park will be nice and I'm sure they'll go all out in New York and Salt Lake City...but I still say...Vancouver will take the cake.

Fuuny man you are. No plans giggles. Stadium approved.

quote:Originally posted by Leafs

Fuuny man you are. No plans giggles. Stadium approved.

Sorry to interrupt your trolling, but you're responding to a post that is weeks-old, and the Toronto layout (that one, single shot) was leaked only last week, so obviously when CB wrote the post there were no Toronto plans revealed at that time.

Archived