Another Limey joins the CSA

Blue and White Army

quote:Originally posted by MikeD

[ I go the Ottawa Fury games with an English neighbour who has experienced anti-British racism recently, outside of a football context,

Did he get hired for a good job because of his English connections?

British is not a race, so British resentment is not racism.

There's no "lack of knowledge" (as MikeD so arrogantly put it), nor is there any hidden resentment in my use of the word.

Americans are Yanks, Brits are Limeys, Aussies are Poms, New Zealanders are Kiwis. How you lot find all of this "offensive" is beyond me.

The Brits are much less anal and overly-PC than Canadians are... which is why this little "PC debate" you two launched into is so utterly ironic.

This PC nonsense is one of the more annoying characteristics of Canada that I am definitely glad to (temporarily) leaved behind. I'm certainly not looking forward to returning home and having the likes you trying to censor every bloody word I use, because it might upset one overly-sensitive person in a group of 10,000.

Get a life.

Blue and White Army - if you are going to insult people at least get it right...Poms (shorten from the word Pommy) are what Aussies call Brits as in "Whingeing Poms!", the label Aussies gave the English (usually not the Brits) as they kept on making excuses for all their losses in various sports to the Aussies (and the fact, the English like to whinge in general of course, not when it matters eg. to a waiter in the restaurant). I think the origin was from English immigrants to Australia/New Zealand in the 50s and 60s as it's (sort of) the acronym for People Of her Majesty In England (Pommies). But nevertheless, they use it now to mean all the English (and not really the Scots, etc.)

I am certain this has given the Aussies who come on this board a bit of chuckle though...

quote:Originally posted by Joe Concacaf

Can't Craig Forrest be goaltender coach? I know he never played for such a massive club like Gateshead, but he is Canadian.

He also wasn't recommended for the job by Bobby Robson or Howard Wilkinson. Its not what he knows, its who he knows.

• 1 month later...

Lets just say that the Anglo Saxon influence has certinaly kept Canadian soccer back. The latest Anglo hiring is a joke. Even the Brits hire from abroad, there is no quality in Anglo soccer, never has been never will be. Our only succes has come under a German and he got sacked because the Anglos felt threatened.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

He got sacked because the players refused to play for him any longer.

If the 'anglos' were really threatened by him, why would they have hired him in the first place?

The anglos felt threatened by his succes. The players where just an excuse. A bunch of winny babies, guys like pecsh should never have been on this team and Holger was the best thing that happened to soccer here. Look at how bad we are with all that Anglo leadership.

quote:Originally posted by Leafs

The anglos felt threatened by his succes. The players where just an excuse. A bunch of winny babies, guys like pecsh should never have been on this team and Holger was the best thing that happened to soccer here. Look at how bad we are with all that Anglo leadership.

Guys like Pesch who busted their ass every time they were called, and flew half-way across the panet to wear the Canadian jersey, should never have been on the team?

Who would you have called in his stead? You're the same person who would have banned Radzinski from playing as well, aren't you?

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Guys like Pesch who busted their ass every time they were called, and flew half-way across the panet to wear the Canadian jersey, should never have been on the team?

Who would you have called in his stead? You're the same person who would have banned Radzinski from playing as well, aren't you?

Radz is fine. His commitment to the team at times has been skeetchy.

As for pecsh. I could care less that he bust his butt. On the field he has never done anything for Canda other than squander goals and play like crap. He is the most over rated Canadian of all time. Lets hope he never plays for Canada again.

We need quality not hype on our team.

Archived