indoor Toronto stadium

Jason

Quite a while back, there were some pictures of a potential new indoor stadium to be built in Toronto. I think it was related to someone who wanted to bring back the Blizzard name. There was to be a full sized pitch and seating for 6,000.

I think it's safe to assume that this has fallen apart, but I think it's a model that some cities should look at. Maybe it would be more expensive than an outdoor field, but it would be usable all year long which could make it feasible.

Jason

quote:Originally posted by Jason

Quite a while back, there were some pictures of a potential new indoor stadium to be built in Toronto. I think it was related to someone who wanted to bring back the Blizzard name. There was to be a full sized pitch and seating for 6,000.

I think it's safe to assume that this has fallen apart, but I think it's a model that some cities should look at. Maybe it would be more expensive than an outdoor field, but it would be usable all year long which could make it feasible.

Jason

Inside Soccer did some extensive articles on the Joe Parolini led "return of the Blizzard" that included the stadium that you are talking about.

I think that you could look at those designs as being similar to the Soccer Centre but built large enough to include four sides of seating and, of course, Field Turf or equivalent.

Those were nice artistic renderings. I was thinking about those plans on Sunday as I flew over the site on my way out of town.

db

Archived