Canadians abroad: September 9-15, 2005

DJT

In addition to the McKenna hat trick, Tam Nsaliwa started for Saarbrucken against Aachen and was subbed off in 58' with his team down 3-0. Final score 4-0 for Aachen. Saarbrucken are dead last in Bundesliga 2 with an 0 points in 4 matches, 0 goals for and 16 goal against. Ouch. Looks like they're on a trip to relegation-ville unless they turn things around.

Daniel Imhoff's Bochum host Hansa Rostock in the Sunday match later today.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

The latter would be a pretty tall order for any 18 year old. How many kids that age are starting keepers in League One or Two?

Supple is already playing for Ipswich (although probably not for long). Pidgely played for Watford a season or two ago. Tom Heaton is playing for Swindon, Ross Turnbull was at Barnsley awhile back. Anyway, maybe I'm wearing my Canada glasses but I thought this kid was a legit prospect -on the same level or better than these guys.

The latter would be a pretty tall order for any 18 year old. How many kids that age are starting keepers in League One or Two?

Supple is already playing for Ipswich (although probably not for long). Pidgely played for Watford a season or two ago. Tom Heaton is playing for Swindon, Ross Turnbull was at Barnsley awhile back. Anyway, maybe I'm wearing my Canada glasses but I thought this kid was a legit prospect -on the same level or better than these guys.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Give McKenna the hat trick, 4-2 Cottbus.

Wow. 3 for Big Kev.

Now I wonder if he was playing forward?

P.S. Caught most of 'Spurs match there yesterday and very much liked what I saw. At least from Paul. Liked it a lot.

Seems to become a bit invisable on some of those many, many touchline dashing give-and-goes but he'll be getting the ball back more soon enough. Seems like the man is setting in comfortably.

If Frankie gives our Diesel as much forward freedom as he's currently being allowed at a club level AND decides to explore the wings on attack I think I could very easily live with Stalteri at right back. Especially when all those 1st team midfielders are available.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Give McKenna the hat trick, 4-2 Cottbus.

Wow. 3 for Big Kev.

Now I wonder if he was playing forward?

P.S. Caught most of 'Spurs match there yesterday and very much liked what I saw. At least from Paul. Liked it a lot.

Seems to become a bit invisable on some of those many, many touchline dashing give-and-goes but he'll be getting the ball back more soon enough. Seems like the man is setting in comfortably.

If Frankie gives our Diesel as much forward freedom as he's currently being allowed at a club level AND decides to explore the wings on attack I think I could very easily live with Stalteri at right back. Especially when all those 1st team midfielders are available.

...Sheffield United (no sign of Ryan Gyaki yet of course in the first team but the way they are playing it doesn't sound like they need to dip into their reserve pool to grab 20 year olds very much).

Ed reported on BigSoccer that Gyaki suffered a pretty serious injury and would be out for some time. Memory fails me, but thinking it might have been ACL.

quote:Originally posted by canadiankick97

Anyone wanna bet how many of those goals today by McKenna were headers?

Remarkably, only 1. Granted, the other two weren't exactly 30 yard howitzers. Sounds like all the goals came of crosses, whether directly or indirectly.

In Italy C2 Monte Sansovino lost their first match of the season to Benevento by a score 3 - 1. Uccello did not start but was put in the 38 minute mark of the first half after the score was 2 - 0. They came back to score a goal in the early second half but Benevento put it away late in the minutes of the game.

Rocco Palncentino was the man of the match in a DRAW against Flori, rocco did score at the 40 minute mark of the first half and was sub out in the second at the 72 minute mark the final score there was a 1 -1 draw.

In Atalanta first match of Coppa Primavera in away match against Parma. Lombardo goal the first of the two goals scored by Atalanta defeating the host team Parma 2- 1 the other goal scored by his teamate Cisse.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Chance to see Mike Klukowski play Champions League against Juve on Wednesday. TLN will be carrying the Brugge-Juve match live, starting at 2:35 pm.

Maybe DJT can add this match to the first post of the thread.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Atiba Hutchinson played the full 90 minutes in a 2-0 Helsingborg victory over Assyriska (or something like that).

With today's results, the team is up to third place, as only Djurgardens, the leader, won along with Atiba's side. They are seven points out of the lead with five games left, but a good run for the rest of the season could set them up for European play next year.

Gerba's Sundsvaal drew scoreless tonight home to 2nd place Goteborg, he played ninety, but the point is not enough as they need wins to avoid relegation.

Kappos did not play for Akratitos.

Akratitos lost 1-0.

- - -

EGALEO: Sidibe, Papoutsis, Edusei, Psomas, Omo, Maric, Chloros (65’ Zapropoulos), Tsatsos, Manousakis, Nikolopoulos (56’ Barkoglou), Agritis (31’ Cezarec)

AKRATITOS: Stelea, Paganin, Zuela, Pipinis, Obradovic, Macquet, Marinescu, Londo, Sales (87’ Vandenbroeck), Vujovic, Gustavo.

article on kicker.de about Big "Goal-Machine" Kev:

Siegen - Cottbus: Kocian-Elf zahlt Lehrgeld – Kanadier trifft dreimal

McKenna: "Ich wusste gar nicht, dass ich das kann“

Ein echter Glücksgriff gelang Cottbus Trainer Petrik Sander, als er den gelernten Verteidiger Kevin McKenna für das Spiel in Siegen zum Stürmer umfunktionierte. Der Heimkehrer vom schottischen Erstligisten Heart of Midlothian bedankte sich gleich eindrucksvoll mit drei Treffern.

"Ich wusste gar nicht, dass ich so viele Tore schießen kann“, wunderte sich der Kanadier über sich selbst und sein ihm zuvor unbekanntes Sturmtalent. Gleichwohl gab er das Lob aber bescheiden und artig an die Mannschaft weiter: "Das habe ich nur meinen tollen Mitspielern zu verdanken. Sie haben mich mit zahlreichen guten Zuspielen verwöhnt. Da macht das Fußballspielen richtig Spaß.“

Siegen-Cottbus: Kocian (Siegens Coach) team learns it the hard way - Canadian scores three

McKenna:"I didn't know that I am able to do this" Cottbus coach Petrik Sander had the right touch when converting the learnt defender to a forward in the match against Siegen. The homecomer from scottish first league Heart of Midlothian payed him back with three goals.

"I didn't know that I am able to do this" the Canadian was wondering about himself and his even to himself unknown talent as a forward. Kindly and decent he transferred the praise to his colleagues: "I owe that to my great teammates. They pampered me with lots of good passes. Thats how soccer is the most fun."

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Maybe DJT can add this match to the first post of the thread.
Thanks MA and Rudi. I didn't know about this broadcast when I compiled the list, then forgot to add it when I learned about it later. It has now been added.

Archived