Doesn't Canada play today?

Elias

Actually, Canada are not scheduled to play again until the match in Luxembourg on November 16.

The Leichenstein thing is just an unsubstantiated rumour flowing from speculation about possible friendlies and possible opponents in October, combined with a subconscious obsession with Hume signing for Leicester.

1876340983.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

I think I might have started the Leichenstein rumor.

Back when it was announced that their would be a game in october I made a list of a few countries in europe that have days off from WCQ and might be good opponents for Canada on the Vancouver Southside Board. In that list I put that Leichenstein would be my pick. Mostly because of the France at Switzerland WCQ. (For you that are geographically challenged, Leichenstein is right beside switzerland ) And I think a few other people there thought it would be best as well. And from there instead of asking "Who will canada be playing?" myself and a few other have been asking "Who are they playing? is it Leichenstein?"

Sorry if anyone got their hopes up. I didn't mean to start a false rumor. I just really wanted to know so I could make travel arrangements.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Just to clarify a point. It never was "announced that there would be a game in October."

Ok, fair enough but their original press release for the Spain and Luxembourg games included the line "Canada is also making plans for October but Yallop said nothing has been confirmed yet." So like you said it wasn't announced that there would be a game, but it was announced that they were 'making plans'

"

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

Ok, fair enough but their original press release for the Spain and Luxembourg games included the line "Canada is also making plans for October but Yallop said nothing has been confirmed yet." So like you said it wasn't announced that there would be a game, but it was announced that they were 'making plans'"

Yes, fair enough, sorry to be nit -picky, but "the plans" comment wasn't in the press release from the CSA at all,

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=2271

it was an off-hand non-official comment from Yallop to Davidson, albeit a reliable reporter, who put the line in an CP article,

voy,davidson .

I suppose a friendly could still be announced, but there is only a month to go until the next International Calendar period (October 7 to 12). Although places like Central American countries often arrange and announce a friendly on a week's notice, it is not my experience that the CSA works that fast.

Archived