CurrentChamp's Champions League Pool 2, 2005 -06

Former Champ

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay.

Again, I`ll prognosticate first for the semis round. And guess.

AC Milan - Barcelona draw/Barca win

Villareal - Arsenal draw/Arse win

I hope my beginning round bonus guess for Barcelona to win it all will give me the extra big wave to surf to a contest win at the end. If those are still the rules....

My math might be off but if Barca wins the CL Beachels will have a minimum of : 59 (now) + 12.5 (pick barca bonus) + 5 (min from this round) = 76.5

River City will have a minimum of 63 (now) + 6.5 (pick barca bonus) + 5 (min from this round) = 74.5

Both picked barca with a draw and then a win this round so the only difference is how Villarreal vs Arsenal ends up. Both have a draw in the first game. So it a swing of 5-7 depending on if the second game is a draw or a win. So if barca where to win the CL our pool comes down to that second Villarreal vs Arsenal game.

-//-

Of course if Barca doesn't win the CL a couple of us are back in the running.

If the Gunners win it Kurosawa could get a maximum of: 56 (now) + 3.5 (pick arsenal bonus) + 9 (max points with arsenal, WW) = 68.5 + (barca outcome this round)

compared to River City's max of: 63 (+ barca game outcome this round) and Beachels: max of 59 (now) + 5 (pick arsenal + 2(one match with arsenal same result as Kurosawa) = 67 (+ barca outcome this round)

-//-

If JKCanada were to also go with Arsenal at this point (I don't think an outright winner has been claimed yet) could have a maximum of: 59 (now) + 9 (perfect arsenal prediction this round) + 3.5 (Arsenal outright bonus) = 71.5 (+ barca outcome this round). Where as RC's would have 63 (+ barca game outcome this round) and Beachels: max of 59 (now) + 5 (pick arsenal) = 65 (+ barca outcome this round)

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

If JKCanada were to also go with Arsenal at this point (I don't think an outright winner has been claimed yet) could have a maximum of: 59 (now) + 9 (perfect arsenal prediction this round) + 3.5 (Arsenal outright bonus) = 71.5 (+ barca outcome this round). Where as RC's would have 63 (+ barca game outcome this round) and Beachels: max of 59 (now) + 5 (pick arsenal) = 65 (+ barca outcome this round)

Opps, completely forgot to pick the winner[:I],

I'm going with Barca.

Total Score is first, followed by Group Stage Score, then by Round 1 Score, Round 2 Score, Round 3 Score and champion pick.

85.5 - 28 - 15 - 16 - 14 - 12.5 - beachesl (Barcelona Rd 1)

76.5 - 26 - 17 - 16 - 14 - 3.5 - JKCanada (Barcelona Rd 3)

76.5 - 26 - 21 - 16 - 7 - 6.5 - River City (Barcelona Rd 2)

72 - 24 - 22 - 10 - 16 - 0 - Kurosawa (Arsenal Rd 3)

57 - 24 - 17 - 14 - 2 - canadiankick97 (Milan)

55 - 26 - 15 - 14 - 0 - piltdownman (Juve)

43 - 16 - 15 - 12 - np - argh1 (Lyon)

31 - 22 - 9 - np - np - juaninho

26 - 26 - np - np - np - canso

24 - 24 - np - np - np - Sigma

20 - 20 - np - np - np - brandon

10 - np - 10 - np - np - Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes! Just drop me from the standings, please!

Seriously though, I knew I missed the Group Stage, and did horrible in the Round of 16. There wasn't a lot of incentive to come back ;)

Looking forward to the Final tomorrow though!

Archived