David Hoillet / Marco Ristich / Petro Czoli

Got some rumours about the following but no confirming info. Can anybody help? The poster's words are in italics...

Blackburn Rovers have just signed David Hoillet who is a Canadian youth star. Has anybody got anymore details on him?

I've never heard of David Hoillet which I suppose isn't a big deal because he's only 15. There is a Janeil Hoillett on Team Ontario U14 Boys who plays for Brampton Dixie but I don't think they're the same person (name and age) Not another Hippy Hippy Ricky Shakes is it?

Marco Ristich - Scarborough Feyenoord (Youth System - U21?)

Petro Czoli - Cruz Azul (Mexican League) (1) Youth no longer in Mexico, moved to Argentina to the Renato Cesarini soccer school, the best in the country usually graduates around 20 players per year into the proffessional ranks.

Tks

TGJM

I saw a Direct Kicks episode last year in which a young Canadian player was featured. I cannot remember his name (damn, I usually write these things down) but David Hoillet sounds familiar. At the time he was playing for a GTA team, was 2 years younger than his mates and was said to be signing with Blackburn.

I'm the one who posted it! Except I mistakenly copied a truncated link instead of copying the full length link.

Again, has anybody in Canada heard of this kid and can they provide links and info other than the above. Surely to God somebody must have heard of him and can provide a link or something saying that he played on a provincial team, not the cryptic info from Blackburn.

If you want to know what I'm talking about see the Ricky Shakes thread.

This Kid goes by the name of Junior Hoillet and he is the older brother of janeil Hoilett who plays on the U 14 Provincial team. He is canadian originally from Brampton. I have seen him play quite a few times and he has what it takes! The question that i have is does he want to play for Canada!

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

I'm the one who posted it! Except I mistakenly copied a truncated link instead of copying the full length link.

Again, has anybody in Canada heard of this kid and can they provide links and info other than the above. Surely to God somebody must have heard of him and can provide a link or something saying that he played on a provincial team, not the cryptic info from Blackburn.

If you want to know what I'm talking about see the Ricky Shakes thread.

quote:Originally posted by soccer loco

This Kid goes by the name of Junior Hoillet and he is the older brother of janeil Hoilett who plays on the U 14 Provincial team. He is canadian originally from Brampton. I have seen him play quite a few times and he has what it takes! The question that i have is does he want to play for Canada!

Yesterday I saw Steve Hart and asked him about Junior. He said he is very talented and should go places if he continues to develop. I also asked about him playing for Canada and he said that those decisions will be left to Junior's father and Junior

I was at Blackburn Rovers academy a few years back and I happen to run into Junior and his uncle who were there for a few weeks training in the summer. I watched him play for a little while and he was absolutely dynamite. I was blown away by his quality. Blackburn have had their eye on him for a long time now and have invested time in him. Manchester United and Liverpool were both interested in signing him as a youth, but they chose Blackburn Rovers because of the training he was receiving. I can attest the facilities at Blackburn are second to none. Good luck to him in his career!

Getting info on this kid other than what I originally posted has been like pulling teeth. I thought we had another Joey Torchia storyline going. :)

Any howser got a couple of PMs from some guys (as they didn't publicly post they might want to remain anonymous) Tks for the background which I'll post here.

David is indeed Canadian. He is normally known as Junior around our leagues. But he is not new to Blackburn. He has been with their younger ages in their Academy for two years now. Junior started I think with Brampton and previously played in the OYSL for Oakville, and North Mississauga before going to Blackburn. He used to play two years up when he played here.

Just so you know, Junior's younger brother also has just been taken on by Blackburn's Academy.

Junior has been there since his appearance at the Ian Rush as a twelve year old. Initially he would travel back and forth during the 1st year for 3 or so weeks at a time . He lived and trained fulltime at the academy last year with family members travelling to be with him. This year he's back.

The club flew him back to Canada last week to attend P Kitson's funeral as he was the person that facilitated Juniors transition to Blackburn vs MUFC who also tried to recruit him.

How close is he to playing for the Academy under/18`s?Does he mainly play for the under 16`s?

Is there alot of canadians playing for the Rovers(youger levels) or is he only one?

Is there anyone else at the Rovers Academy who is a star in the making?

quote:Originally posted by geane

How close is he to playing for the Academy under/18`s?Does he mainly play for the under 16`s?

Is there alot of canadians playing for the Rovers(youger levels) or is he only one?

Is there anyone else at the Rovers Academy who is a star in the making?

I don't know the circumstances of his departure, but I hope you'll regret sending Will Johnson back to America. :D

Here's a clip:

mms://a1503.v115042.c11504.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/11504/v0001/mlbmls.download.akamai.com/11504/2005/open/gp/archive07/072305_chfcor_gp_384.wmv

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think the German forum {url=http://forum.fussballtalente.net/]Fussballtalente.net could be interesting for you.

It also has an English section.

The reason is that one of it's posters works with/at Blackburn and always posts about the German talents and youth work in England in general and in his opinion David Hoilett is one of the best prospects he has ever seen and he reminds him of Henry.

http://forum.fussballtalente.net/viewtopic.php?t=200&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=hoilett&start=75

quote:Originally posted by Hannover96Girl

I need an edit button. ;)

Because of the fact that he's canadian he has no permission to play and trains with the first team already and impresses very much according to the poster.

Thanks for the update. Do you still follow Julian's progress? He was fantastic for Canada early this summer in the Gold Cup (CONCACAF equivalent of the Euro) and was named TOP player in the tournament.

quote:Originally posted by EdThanks for the update. Do you still follow Julian's progress? He was fantastic for Canada early this summer in the Gold Cup (CONCACAF equivalent of the Euro) and was named TOP player in the tournament.

Yes, I do. I even voted for him at the FIFA poll. It's a shame you guys didn't win.

Yes, I do. I happy he found great club in La Corunna

From German Blackburn prospect Mamadi Keita's homepage:

[ur]http://www.mamadi-keita.com/english/shortpass.php

Best team-mate:

David Hoilett

Most skillful team-mate:

David Hoilett

Archived