Spain-Canada viewing parties

Daniel

I finally managed to find the time to locate their number & call the Swan Club in Toronto today (wish somebody else had tried earlier, but anyway....). I am getting a recorded voice message that lists the games that they are showing which gets cut off before it is finished (at least for me) but appears to get to 8pm games without mentioning Spain vs. Canada. I'll still like to call later in the afternoon and try to actually speak to somebody. But looking for alternatives might be a good idea.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

So are you guys organizing a viewing party in any of the aforementioned places in Vancouver? I'm trying to direct some friends back home as to where they should go and watch. So far it's Commercial drive, Baires or Abruzzo?

I never seen a Voyageur at Abruzzo. Are you guys scared to wear your colours (those nice scarfs) in public? Marino always shows every Canadian match that is televised, so suit up and show up!

quote:Originally posted by Soju

So are you guys organizing a viewing party in any of the aforementioned places in Vancouver? I'm trying to direct some friends back home as to where they should go and watch. So far it's Commercial drive, Baires or Abruzzo?

I just phoned Abruzzo, who said they're showing Romania after Italy. They didn't know the game was on at all and thought it might be pay per view.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

I just phoned Abruzzo, who said they're showing Romania after Italy. They didn't know the game was on at all and thought it might be pay per view.

Abruzzo shows more than one game at a time, and the one with the largest following gets shown on the large screen. Granted, Marino is always more informed on the schedule of European matches than those of Canada, however, you only have to is ask to see Canada and he puts it on. I've never had to leave his place to go looking for a Canada match.

quote:Originally posted by Robert

Abruzzo shows more than one game at a time, and the one with the largest following gets shown on the large screen. Granted, Marino is always more informed on the schedule of European matches than those of Canada, however, you only have to is ask to see Canada and he puts it on. I've never had to leave his place to go looking for a Canada match.

I'd feel more confident if we could at least confirm the satellite channel to make sure they can get it. Anybody know?

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

There's a Spanish restaurant/cafe on the east side of Cambie at about 20th. I drove past yesterday and saw a TV, but neglected to write down the name. Does anybody know the place I'm talking about? I want to say "Cafe Koni" but I can't find it in the phone book.

the kino cafe is a hippi hemp joint

quote:Originally posted by James

Edmonton. E&C is still checking it out. They need to check with someone in Vancouver or something before they know if its a go or not. At least they are making the effort. As soon as I find out. I'll let the Edmonton VGers know.

Phoned the E&C on Whyte last night. The guy left in charge for the evening said it's not on his written schedule so far, but that we should phone Saturday morning (Darlene is supposed to be in at 8:00 am to start getting ready for the busy day). Am off doing something for the next 3 or 4 hours, so I can't phone (439-4545) for a while. May be lost in the shuffle amidst the greater demand for the other matches. At least we have the midight tape-delay to fall back on.

Edmonton....no go.

Talked to Darlene in the E&C, and according to her info the live match is not available at all, or at least they can't get it. They have some ceredibility, as they have been successful at tracking down hard to get matches in the past. James, Darlene said she was frantically trying to get ahold of you the last few days, but she lost your number.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Champs in Montréal is supposed to carry it. 10$ cover for the day, "call back for the time" (to make sure they are broadcasting it, but the guy said they would).

3:45pm on Saturday.

I'm probably going. Anyone else?

Nope I called Friday and Faturday looks like were gonna have to try and find an out of the way bar. I even tried the spanish club on st lawrence no luck, no one cares cause its not a world cup qualifyer. If you find out before 3:45 where it could be let me know cause ive tried everywhere :(

Archived