Spain-Canada viewing parties

Daniel

quote:Originally posted by strobe_z

Edmonton?

beachesl... you've got connections, right?

I like to watch.[:I]

Ummm...lemme phone the Elephant and Castle on Whyte and see if they can hook up. IF they have to pay for it, I doubt they will cover it as there are not enough V's in Edmonton to cover the costs, but they are pretty good at the greybox stuff, so who knows. There isn't a big Spanish community in Edmonton like the Portuguese, so the ethnic bar/club avenue is probably out.

I'll get back to you.

For those of you looking, the earlier discussion about the match on Saturday possibly being on satellite is at page 4 of:

SpCnTVVoy

The times Saturday are: Spain: 9:45 pm, Maritimes 4:45 pm , EST 3:45 , Maskabush 2:45, Alberta 1:45, BC 12:30 pm.

The England/Wales match starts 4 1/2 hours earlier (Setanta PPV), so there is no conflict there.

Saturday in Edmonton. Whyte Ave E&C is having several games on all day. I believe that they're charging 20 bucks for an all day thing or 10-15 bucks for just the one game. Unless your a member. Then it's cheaper. I'm not sure if the Canadian game is on the Schedule though. The manager there is going to check into it for me and if she can get it, she'll show it. I'll post something when she lets me know.

quote:Originally posted by masster

Is there any confirmation on a place to watch the game in Vancouver?

Isn't there a coffee shop on commercial that usually shows all the games? Since you're in North Van I thought of suggesting Mulleys (formerly the Brit) on Lonsdale, but then it occured to me that they only show English soccer there.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Isn't there a coffee shop on commercial that usually shows all the games? Since you're in North Van I thought of suggesting Mulleys (formerly the Brit) on Lonsdale, but then it occured to me that they only show English soccer there.

the abruzzo cafe on commercial should have it.they are hooked up to at least a half dozen sat dish's.

Waverly?? No, not familiar with but hey, that's a start at least. Tavern United down Pembina way has a pretty good reputation and I'm looking into it.

The Spanish Club dosen't keep regular hours so it's a bit dodgy getting info.

Private sources have dried up. Tried already. I'd have though with the latin community (such as it is) actual TV coverage from Spain would be more readily available. Apparently not.

I've called a favour and am good for Saturday. We'll figure this out yet.

P.S. Agreed. THIS IS FU'KING PATHETIC. ABSOLUTELY SHAMEFUL.

Triple the agreeance here...

If sportsnet doesnt show this it will be beyond me why. As per usual they will probably have f'in Nascar or a stinkbirds game on.

What really gets me is that I can watch Romania play the Chzech Rep. and Sweden play Bulgaria on FSWC, but I cant even see my own country play...

You think the CSA would be badgering them to air this one too...

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Waverly?? No, not familiar with but hey, that's a start at least. Tavern United down Pembina way has a pretty good reputation and I'm looking into it.

The Spanish Club dosen't keep regular hours so it's a bit dodgy getting info.

Private sources have dried up. Tried already. I'd have though with the latin community (such as it is) actual TV coverage from Spain would be more readily available. Apparently not.

I've called a favour and am good for Saturday. We'll figure this out yet.

P.S. Agreed. THIS IS FU'KING PATHETIC. ABSOLUTELY SHAMEFUL.

I'm off work that day, so let me know if you find something.

I haven't had a chance to call any of the usual haunts (Swan Club, Renna's or Scallywags) to see if they have it, and I won't be able to until late this afternoon at the earliest, possibly not until tomorrow afternoon (been a very busy week at work for me). If someone can give it a try before then that would be helpful.

:(

Well, I'm sunk.

Sorry, lads. No luck. No Good luck anyway. Thought maybe the Barca Club would get the match but apparently if it ain't on SHAW it ain't going to to be on at the Barca. The Portugal match is on at the same time as the Spain match so the Ritz is out as well.

Might still pop in if I'm sober enough after the Scotland-Italy WCQ and scout out Lux. but we'll see.

Sorry. Still going to keep my eyes peeled but it looks doughtful.

Archived