Best Canadian USL player...Not playing in europe?

Mr.Impact

Who do you guys think is the best canadian player (playing in the usl premiership) that is not playing in europe (Scandanavia included). Calling out to all Whie Caps, Lynx and especially my boys with Ultras Montreal on your opinion!

here is my list;

1)Jason Jordan Vancouver Whitecaps FC, Best Vancouver Scorer or Garbage pick er upper, Since....well...Stan Smyl!!!

2)Andre Hainault; S.P.A Saputo's Montreal Impact; Guys to quote my friend Louie hes the next Devos.....only difference is that he doesnt hale from beautifl Appin Ont.:D

2)Andrew Hainault

3)Robbie Arristadaemo(sp?) Toronto Lynx A.C....well it aint exactly Chelsea.....Toronto has been very good to Robbie (Scarbourough.....which is currently just Paul Peschesolido, and cousin Mike Ricci....(Calabrias very own soons) But this could also change very quickley as Robbie seems to have found is passion for the game. Watched him warm up against the Impact...looked very loose....in good shape...deserves a 2nd chance (the old timers will remember that robbie along with Montreals Nevio pizzolitto Worked out for Bradford City Bantams)

4)Doddsy T.O. lynx

5)Chris Franks: Van City

6) Alfredo Valente; Caps Corner;

7)Jason Ditullio;Impact

8)Charles Gbeke: T-Dot Lynx/Montreal impact

9)David Deplacido: Montreal Impact....on loan To lynx

10)Rick Titus: Lynx....yeah so hes older...so what

Cheers

Jason Jordan gets a lot of exposure for his goal scoring prowess... however, two Canadians from Vancouver who are vastly underrated are Mike Franks and Steve Kindel.

Franks is an excellent keeper - current injuries aside, he and Sutton are neck and neck in terms of ability. Sutton is great, but I think you hear his name more around the league because Montreal has fielded a much better team.

On the few occasions where I've seen Lars Hirschfeld play (for Calgary, and on the CMNT), I can't help but shake my head at Yallop's choices for keeper. From what I've seen, Franks and Sutton are miles better, and much more intimidating to boot.

As for Steve Kindel, he's a midfielder - thus he gets less hype and less scoring opportunities. Kindel's the guts of the team, and Jordan's the glory.

I have never seen a game where Kindel played poorly. By far one of the most intelligent players the Caps have ever fielded. He knows where the ball needs to be, and he gets it there almost every time.

I'll never forget the little stunt Kindel pulled last year (I think it was against Minnesota).

Mike Franks had been booted in the stomach and went down, hurt badly. The ref blew the whistle, and a Minnesota (?) player kicked a really late ball at Nick Dasovic from close range, knocking him down too.

Franks and Dasovic were in agony for a good five minutes in the six yard box. Not a single card was issued, despite the near riot that ensued.

On the very next play Kindel had the ball. The ref whistled something off the play, so Kindel blasted his own late kick at an opposing player's gut. The guy dropped like a sack of potatoes. As the ref charged over to card Kindel, Kindel shrugged his shoulders dramatically to say "Huh? According to you, this kind of stuff is OK!"

Kindel got the yellow, but he made the ref look like a complete arse in the process. The fans loved it.

I'm not sure this is the most logical time to be shaking your head at Frank Yallop for calling Hirshfeld over Sutton & Franks since that's exactly what he didn't do for the recent Gold Cup. Had they been available this time as well there's no guarantee it still wouldn't be the case.

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Titus is canadian, sure he plays for T&T, but he waited a lifetime for a canada call. And plus ricky t knows and feels 100% canadian, dont u worry

I'm in the same boat. I'm sick of sitting on my ass waiting for Frank to give me a chance

I'm ready and willing to suit up for St. Kitts should I get the call. Like Ricky, I'm 100% Canadian and love poutine and public broadcasting. But hey, I was in Carribanna. Dual citizenship is dual citizenship.

quote:Originally posted by zacRWE

on talent alone, Wyn Belotte from the Lynx! Really good skilled player although he's had a rough time of it. Busby never plays him, but when he does (for the most part) Toronto looks positive in attack.

plus he's a nice guy

If he cant start for the Lynx(a weak team in a weak league) what makes you think he can play for Canada??

Also nice guys finish last.

quote:Originally posted by stacks

If he cant start for the Lynx(a weak team in a weak league) what makes you think he can play for Canada??

Also nice guys finish last.

Because our owner like to do favors for other Canadian USL teams.

Archived