Canadian soccer fans don't read much ...

Robert

... about Canadian soccer that is. It appears that within the span of less than a year, both the forthnightly/monthly/indefiniately suspended World Football Pages and the bimonthly Inside Soccer Magazine have written off into the sunset.

So what's up with that? Is it a fact that there aren't enough Canadian soccer fans to sustain print coverage? Or were Chris and Alfons not doing a creditable job? Or, heavens forbid, is there too little going on in Canadian soccer, to justify a periodical?

I don't buy the first instance. Soccer is the greatest game in the world, and at a participation level, Canadians must hold their own with any other nation in the world. After all if the CSA claims to have close to 900,000 registered players and if you add another 100,000 unregistered players to that total, we have one out of every 30 Canadians playing soccer at some level.

In senario two, Chris was kinda of hung-up on his little posterboy, and his constant SOSs and the world at large owes me attitude really did devalue what was overall a good publication. Unfortunately, as his moniker the Madman at the Helm implies, Chris insisted on being in charge. I've just heard one too many, I need yous. If your product's worthy it will survive, if it's not, see ya.

I'm not really sure what happened to Alfons? One issue he upgraded to a heavier weight paper cover, and that was it, no more ISM.

In the last instances, we all have to admit, our Canadian soccer world is pretty small. No national league(s), which has a direct impact on the performance of our national teams. A national association which doesn't know what to do about the lack of a national league or the performances of the national teams. Although as their webpage shows, they do take great pride in the u15 boys winning a tournament in Trinidad. I'm not taking anything away from those u15 boys. Great performance, but hey, let's get real, if that's all we got that's positive, can we really say that the CSA is meeting their mandate. The CSA, through it's lack of contributing to what according to the number of participants should be the national game, have just kill of the local print media. F U Kevan.

Is this Chris's final swan song?

I had this great, big dream four years ago, and in this dream I met the football gods, including Alan Shearer and the universally unknown Canadian player who has toiled in anonymity for thousands of years. After consultation with Kevin Costner, the gods said, "Build it, and they will read it." And I said, "Build what exactly?" And they said, "Build a newspaper that puts our game right where it should be, and fill it with all things Canadian, amateur and professional, and a sprinkle of David Beckham. And I said, "But I can't afford to build Canada's best newspaper," at which point the well-mown green field before me rolled up and vanished to the whisper of, "Build it and they will support it."

Years later, British Columbia's football community, if not Canada's at large, has proven the Gods wrong, and today, as you read this, the dream of putting our game at the forefront of printed media, is in much peril. This community of ours has not supported this dream with the volume of dollars and sense that World Football Pages requires to grow and prosper everyone's game.

Personally, I'm devastated. Building WFP so that we might all laugh and learn and be better footballers and people for it, has been my 24/7 labour of love. And there are countless contributors (who have filled our pages with original Canadian material) that will be equally disappointed to know that their efforts were not entirely appreciated by the greater community. Collectively, we have made not a penny from putting a full-colour football read on the plates of BC readers, and yet WFP has promoted everyone's game as best we can with what we have.

Maybe singularly I failed to help this community understand the value of what we have been providing. And maybe I failed in my quest to convince folk to look beyond their own playing field, for the greater good. And possibly, my ideal of building an open, non-politically-biased forum for all opinion, with value for all, is just not possible. But I don’t think so...

Through 56 issues, WFP has featured editorial contributions from some simply brilliant, dedicated individuals (from here to HMCS Winnipeg off the coast of India) that did understand the concept of our paper. And the 100's of pages painted since May, 2002 have been paid for by advertisers and sponsors that also believed, and appreciated the value WFP offers their businesses, clubs and associations, and our entire Canadian community. And no doubt our absolutely enthusiastic readership appreciates what we've been doing over here at WFP.

The trouble, simply, is that they above are the precious, glorious few that have kept this dream alive. They above, are simply not enough. Due to what can honestly, only be described as shocking apathy, a horribly large proportion of our football community has been content to reap the rewards of WFP without putting even a single dollar in. The trouble with WFP is, that a great deal of our football magistrates have turned a blind eye to the glorious possibilities this publication holds for all Canadians.

On behalf of our game, our players, teams, leagues and associations, WFP and our priceless supporters have done all we can without more tangible, bankable support available. If you are in a position to make a difference I implore you now to do so, on behalf of the dream. Over the coming days you will find examples of how to get on board, featured on WFP's website. I would also be delighted to field any direct calls. Hopeful continuance of the printed WFP will be directly related to any and all responses, or the lack thereof.

Of course, there is no law that says you have to support WFP but hey, since we’re the only ones we know of doing what we do, to promote you doing what you do, may I suggest you seriously consider your options.

Cheers

Madman at the Helm (aka Chris J. Vaughan Griffiths)

www.WorldFootballPages.com

2012 Hamilton St., New Westminster, BC, Canada V3M 2P6

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of like paper printed magazines. They always have something to read and it tends to be more credible than stuff posted in the web. I can carry the magazine with me and read it at my leisure. I have a great collection of defunct canadian soccer magazines dating back to 1980. It is incredible. I wish there was more fan support.

The thread I started about WFP as of today only 110 voyageurs read it and only 1 person bothered to reply. Maybe yours will get more attention.

World Football Pages (www.worldfootballpages.com) is a fantastic rag. Very witty and fully of humour, much like the fan-zines over in England.

I for one would be devsastated if WFP were to fold.

I think one of the big problems for Chris was finding a competant and reliable commercial manager, someone who goes out and convinces companies to buy advertising space. Seems Chris were burned on several occasions.

If anyone knows a highly-skilled commercial manager, please send them WFP's way...

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

I kind of like paper printed magazines. They always have something to read and it tends to be more credible than stuff posted in the web. I can carry the magazine with me and read it at my leisure. I have a great collection of defunct canadian soccer magazines dating back to 1980. It is incredible. I wish there was more fan support.

The thread I started about WFP as of today only 110 voyageurs read it and only 1 person bothered to reply. Maybe yours will get more attention.

I feel exactly the same way as you regarding printed publications, especially those pertaining to Canadian soccer. I find it frustrating as we continually lose things related to Canadian soccer because of a lack of support. I too would feel a great sense of loss if Chris were to go under. I guess if people don't change it will continue to remain our destiny to lose those things that the most passionate in our community try to build. I have had some very strong differences of opinion with Chris in the past, however, I do own a copy of all 56 issues of his beloved little rag. How many other Voyageurs can say the same? Not too many obviously. Doesn't anybody in this country give a **** about our soccer? great, I bitch about the status quo, and there's a whole army of F-ing goofs getting upset at me for bitching. F all of you! Go ahead Mods, delete me.

<center>A frustrated Mad Man lashes out at everybody! </u></center>

I have tried with WFP, as has Alfons with ISM. Which, frankly, renders your “hope” for a “new Canadian soccer publication” absolutely absurd. Think about it now... The magistrates of our football community won’t support WFP in even the simplest ways and hell, the ‘Canadian’ Voyageurs won’t even give WFP a weblink up front on their website. On the possible demise of WFP there are what, maybe 4 posts at that site!!!!

Point being, this community doesn’t need a “new” paper but rather it needs to bloody well support the ones it has, whether that be WFP or ISM.

And furthermore, your notion that there isn’t enough Canadian news is absolutely absurd part 2. I could fill 48 pages every month with Canadian news (amateur, pro and national) if only the clubs, leagues and associations would support that effort, and fans like Voyageurs would actually pay attention to WFP, ISM and whatever rather than the usual major daily suspects.

This football community is its own worst enemy and I personally would have to be a complete greating idiot to build another football newspaper for a community that simply doesn’t give a **** about the ones it already has, and about putting a foot forward for the mutual benefit of all, yet will bitch and whine to kingdom come that there is not respect in the media for our game!!

Cheers

Chris

These are not charities. They are businesses. Just like our so called "pro" teams. They have to be worth supporting/paying for. They don't have the right to complain. I don't care what good they fantazise they are doing.

World Football Pages - I've been meaning to subscribe for a while. Just been to lazy to print, fill out all the info, find an envelope and stamp, etc. I am being kinda stupid on one hand, but the reality is like I said, it's a business, it's their job to make it easy for me to subscribe. It's probably not worth it for them to get credit card system, but even something like PayPal.com or whatever, and I would have subscribed by now.

I've read through some of the pages/issues he's posted online and it seems half-decent. But frankly, I don't care about the PCSL or the BC soccer scene. Although, it is sad that people out there obviously aren't supporting it either.

Inside Soccer Magazine - I subscribed for 10 years until it stopped printing last year. While the quality of the magazine (paper stock, colour, etc.) hugely improved over the years, the quality of the stories got real bad. Stories were printed months later, there were a ton of simple grammatical errors (I'm not trying to pretend like I can write, but I don't expect people to pay me for this...it just makes the product look cheap with so many errors).

Soccer Italia Magazine - which is a Toronto-based English language magazine about Italian soccer seems to be doing well and growing. I've never read it so I don't know quality wise, but I do know it's on the local newstand when I pop over. Can't say the same for WFP.

There really is not much Canadian content. I don't care about the local youth teams or amateur teams at all. And these publications can't pay somebody to do feature interviews on Canadians in Europe which I would be interested in. You can get enough info on the internet, including this web site. A magazine really has to go above and beyond what is readily available.

Solutions? Money. Money to promote the magazine. Money to improve the content. Get copies on newstands, which takes more money. Build a better web site. Hire a FT sales person to sell ads, etc. Which all costs money. And most important, money (and a realistic business plan) to be able to survive 3-5 years which is what it takes most magazines to become profitable. Like if WFP had started as a monthly with a more realistic view of the situation, things might be a little different today.

WFP and ISM are like a CSL or the USL D1 teams who think they are going to turn into the EPL, and if not, it's the fans fault. They will get some hardcore support, but even the Caps and Impact lose money. Canadians will only support the MLS. Or Serie A.

The Soccer News published in the early/mid-90's. It focused mostly on the Ontario scene. It was half-decent content wise and seemed like it was getting some support. It just disappeared into the night.

It's Called Futbol was an other Ontario-based/focused magazine. It was an oversized full-colour glossy magazine aimed at youth. I think it lasted for about 4-5 issues around 2000. I have the copies but I'm too lazy to go find them right now and check the date.

The CSA also published a magazine in the mid-90's. It just disappeared as well.

I'm sure there are more that I am forgetting.

It's a business. It's not a charity. Whineing does not make them look good. Makes them look like the Lynx.

Lazy, yeah that's about right. I let my subscription lapse and never got around to posting a renewal. Me bad.

I'll tell you what, even with all the BC centred crap in the rag it is by and far away the best domestic rag for football I got my hands to in years. Ever actually. But then again it's "shop floor" presentation and colourfull attitudes might not appeal to everyone. But, Cheeta like.

Okay. I surrender. Well send an e-mail shortly and a cheque as soon as the presses are confirmed to start rolling again.

And honestly, for what the thing costs it's pretty damned hard to go wrong.

Good Winnipeg lad there, telling it like it is...

quote:Originally posted by Elias

World Football Pages - I've been meaning to subscribe for a while. Just been to lazy to print, fill out all the info, find an envelope and stamp, etc. I am being kinda stupid on one hand, but the reality is like I said, it's a business, it's their job to make it easy for me to subscribe. It's probably not worth it for them to get credit card system, but even something like PayPal.com or whatever, and I would have subscribed by now.

I am in the exact same boat as you. I felt the same about Inside Soccer Magazine. I really wanted to subscribe but never got around to it. Then suddenly it dissapeared. Well, ISM would have easily a subscriber in me but have they really tried to gain me as a customer? You would think that the first people to target for these pubications would have been those on this site. But would it have been so hard to just post a link with an email or web page that collects name and mailing address? No wonder that these publications dissappear. The product needs to be brought to the customer, not the other way around.

Yes, publications are businesses, an you need proper marketing to survive.

Is there enough newsworthy soccer in Canada to warrant a monthly/bi-monthly/semi-annual/annual publication? Can a publication survive relying on primarily focusing on one region of the country? WFP on British Columbia, ISM on Ontario. If Chris and Alfons joined forces, the two largest Canadian soccer markets would be covered, and could open the door to prospective neighbouring editors. There are a number of suggestions offered here, and like in so many other areas of Canadian soccer, this branch also appears to be fragmented into individually controlled entities. Is it that difficult to surrender to a joint venture?

quote:

It's a business. It's not a charity. Whineing does not make them look good. Makes them look like the Lynx.

Seems to me that the "whining" above was in a private email, not in something they sent out to readers/fans of soccer. So let the man complain all he wants. I think most of us would do the same if something we worked so hard on was falling apart.

quote:

Seems to me that the "whining" above was in a private email, not in something they sent out to readers/fans of soccer. So let the man complain all he wants. I think most of us would do the same if something we worked so hard on was falling apart.

Okay.

Got this e-mail (as I'm sure some of you others have) regarding page sponsorship. For dollars X one could sponsor a page or portion of a page and have a say as to what that geography of the page will be dedicated to.

Well, that got the whiskers on this old cat twitching.

If anyone's keen (and yes I know allready how this work, it's your idea so you do the work/fund raising blah, blah, blah) how about a Canucks overseas section in the WFP?

Here's the pitch.

Now God knows we've got enough lads on foreighn shores that a little bit or piece here and there would be enough to fill quit a bit of a page. Throw in a snap or two, a Voyageur letterhead and the occasional fanzine interview with some of our more accessable lads and I bet you could carry on that sort of section indefinately. And it would be a good read.

****, you could get off topic every now and again and do little storys on our travelling Voyageurs and their trials. Maybe an occasional "making fun" survey and so on.

Throw a "Next match" icon with the available details in a corner. Get the word out.

Honestly, we've got enough lads on this site who've contacts with the players or the CSA that we can get some material that would be worth printing once WFPs "sexed" it up a tad.

Let the Tail Gunner loose and see what happens. If that wouldn't drive Chris to hard liquor than he's a stronger man than I.

Anyway, if anyone's up for it, respond. I'm going to get more info regarding expenses for a years worth of sponsorship.

I think it's a good idea. And very doable.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Okay.

Got this e-mail (as I'm sure some of you others have) regarding page sponsorship. For dollars X one could sponsor a page or portion of a page and have a say as to what that geography of the page will be dedicated to.

Well, that got the whiskers on this old cat twitching.

If anyone's keen (and yes I know allready how this work, it's your idea so you do the work/fund raising blah, blah, blah) how about a Canucks overseas section in the WFP?

Here's the pitch.

Now God knows we've got enough lads on foreighn shores that a little bit or piece here and there would be enough to fill quit a bit of a page. Throw in a snap or two, a Voyageur letterhead and the occasional fanzine interview with some of our more accessable lads and I bet you could carry on that sort of section indefinately. And it would be a good read.

****, you could get off topic every now and again and do little storys on our travelling Voyageurs and their trials. Maybe an occasional "making fun" survey and so on.

Throw a "Next match" icon with the available details in a corner. Get the word out.

Honestly, we've got enough lads on this site who've contacts with the players or the CSA that we can get some material that would be worth printing once WFPs "sexed" it up a tad.

Let the Tail Gunner loose and see what happens. If that wouldn't drive Chris to hard liquor than he's a stronger man than I.

Anyway, if anyone's up for it, respond. I'm going to get more info regarding expenses for a years worth of sponsorship.

I think it's a good idea. And very doable.

A Voyageurs print publication? Sounds interesting. I womder if the CSA, the provincial associations, and our three USL pro teams would be interested in jointly promoting Canadian soccer in this manner?

As you mentioned Cheeta, there are Voyageurs living in many different places, and they could provide a wider scope of coverage than any previous Canadian publications have had the benefit of. I believe with all our combined skills and experiences, we have the potentail to produce a publication that would be of interest to a large Canadian soccer market.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

"A Voyageurs print publication?"

How did you arrive at such a conclusion from Cheeta's post?

He was referring to a Voyageurs sponsored contribution of material to the existing WFP.

Oops, my mistake. It was late for me and I was tired. Thanks for keeping me on my toes, Richard.;)

Krammerhead is correct in his suspicion that my letter, quoted by Robert, was in fact a private correspondence and was directed specifically at Robert, and not intended for everyone. Though it is disappointing that Robert has again crossed the line, I really don't regret what was written in response to Robert's personal letter to three original recipients including myself. I will take the liberty of first adding the opening line, omitted by Robert... "Very surprising indeed. No lot in life is predestined. Destiny is a choice not a life-sentence. If you want change you can create change"...

...Followed by Robert's letter to fellow Dutchman, John, cc'd to myself and Alfons at ISM... "I think it is the predestined lot of every Canadian soccer fan to live in perpetual frustration. It is our uniqueness. I hope that some how a new Canadian soccer publication will start up soon. Maybe Alfons and Chris could unite for a joint venture. Personally, with the limited amount of newsworthy canadian soccer news a quarterly, semi-annual, or annual format might be more successful."

I was quietly floored by Robert's ignorance, and furthermore, a few extremely naive posts in this thread, including the following, again from the most insightful fan in Canadian history, "Chris was kinda of hung-up on his little posterboy, and his constant SOSs and the world at large owes me attitude really did devalue what was overall a good publication. Unfortunately, as his moniker the Madman at the Helm implies, Chris insisted on being in charge. I've just heard one too many, I need yous. If your product's worthy it will survive, if it's not, see ya."

Oh Robert, you poor sod, did you notice that you're the one "hung-up on Posterboy," not myself. I'm fine with him today for the same reasons I was way back when, as was yourself when you showed me the photo of yourself as a wee lad, proudly exclaiming that you ARE the original Posterboy (given you're both Dutch and all). Really, if you will repeatedly damn WFP or any publication for one tiny element you suddenly decided you no longer liked, you are truly obsessed to a fault.

The comment "Unfortunately, ...Chris insisted on being in charge." is so unbelievably ridiculous I probably shouldn't bother at all, but what the hell, I can't sleep. I'm "in charge" you dim **** because I registered the company, I sunk tens of thousands of personal dollars into it, I haven't slept in 4 years, I build the pages, sell and build the ads, stuff and mail the subscriber copies, write and photograph, edit all other scribes incoming, attend the press scrums, the matches, clean the toilets etc etc etc, and I, not you, stand to lose everything all WFP contributors have desperately striven to put on the plates of our readers. While you bitch and whine for free, we, the contributors all, have filled 56 issues for free. Am I in charge?... rinse your bloody head out. If WFP does survive it will certainly not be because you took charge of anything in a productive way.

Yet all that said, am I whining? Not at all. No-one owes me or WFP anything but a little thanks maybe for going the extra mile or two to pull this football community out of it's grand illusion. Personally I never ask for anything I haven't earned, nor expect such. I don't want your pity Robert... you need all you've got. All I want is to build the best damned football rag I can, and eventually build that rag to a fully-fledged newspaper with paid scribes, expanded coverage and limitless potential for all. Along the way I've kept all our contributors (incl., once, yourself) informed of WFP's situation, because I've always felt I owe them that... disclosure as it were, for their efforts, and because though I steer the ship, she wouldn't sail without them. If you wish to interpret those 'exclusive' updates as constant SOS's, you remain a sadder man still.

Suggestions by Robert and others regarding supporting a new or joint publication, with mention of the current state, "fragmented into individually controlled entities. Is it that difficult to surrender to a joint venture?" are just a little laughable. WFP and ISM are very different publications as a few posts suggest and they do not merge well as such. Because WFP is edgier, less PC, I have to strive to maintain such. Without the edge we would suffer both in terms of wit, honesty and the mandate of a completely open forum for all opinion well versed. WFP already features more Canada news than any other pub and if the Gods are willing, that trend will only strengthen. Though we are born and raised BC, WFP features slice of life stuff from across the land and when the day comes we can print 48 pages plus of coast to coast news and results, we will. But we have to get there, and it's very hard doing that while Robert and kin try to tear us down rather than help build us to include what everyone wants.

The grand illusion mentioned earlier is that tomorrow morning, your major dailies will suddenly give a toss about football. They will of course if it's a cash cow for them, but most major advertisers are still not interested and frankly, our football community from grass roots to the CSA does an absolutely awful job of promoting itself to that possible cash cow of support. So I've offered an alternative in the form of clubs, leagues and associations spending a small penny to guarantee a dollars worth of coverage. It's simple really, and I believe it may be the only road to achieve constant media support in the forseeable future. If I can convince the major players to take control of our game's destiny in this regard, then we all really will put our best foot forward, and that will soon become most attractive to the current big dollar naysayers. When that happens we'll never look back and God help us, Robert may be happy. No, we're not whining... just asking this community to effect some positive change that is all well within their means.

Is WFP a business as Free Kick reiterates? Yes, of course, but FK and kin might take a moment to acknowledge that WFP hasn't made a penny profit to-date because we're trying to do something no-one has ever pulled off indefinitely, largely because of the media/advertiser woes mentioned above. There is so little dollar support for our game it's truly disturbing. I've done all I can to take WFP over the threshold of unpaid contributor-based content to a a paid one, with all the trapping thereof, but again, we're not there yet. When FK and kin recognise that WFP and ISM etc don't have a tenth of the resources of the major dailies and community rags, they may also realise we can all use a hand bridging that gap, and a little slack for our shortcommings. Thankyouverymuch.

We get there via all manner of support including sponsorship as mentioned by Cheeta, and subscribers, and content providers. There has been much imbalance in the past regarding support equity. For instance, my complaint about no fast link (as others have) on the Voyageurs home page is completely valid. Voyageurs link GoBigRed for christ's sake, why not WFP? Voyageurs have always been linked at WFP and listed in our printed directory. Ironically we've glady featured Matthew's Voyageurs Cup reports and in issues past, the Canadians Abroad Chart provided by GianLuca, plus, once, canadian Export columns from Duane and Jason. Really, don't you think we should have a link, and don't ya think that if we had one up front that would have attracted attention for our struggling little rag and maybe just maybe, if it appeared three years we may have added a hundred new subscribers to pay the bills and entice advertisers. As mentioned earlier, I don't ask for any more than I think is deserved, and here things have been strangely lacking.

I have repeatedly offered the Voyageurs a forum, and the Sousthsiders and both have taken advantage of such to a degree, then, with the exception of Matthews contributions, have disappeared. I can't offer Voyageurs more than that, and certainly if Voyageurs are not inclined to get proactive.

That said, Cheeta's affirmation of the possibilities are brilliantly refreshing in this sea of Robert-like contempt. And I thank again Krammerhead, Blue and White and Richard for their comments. If I can find the sponsors to cover this pub Voyageurs could have the page described by Cheeta, for free. I would do that if in fact Voyageurs could contribute the regular content as described, or similar too, and hey, help promote yourselves by helping build/promote WFP.

That's it, I'm exhausted. Off to bed. In the meantime, please do consider Cheeta's ideas. They actually make perfect sense and would create much needed content. Or, alternately, Robert could pull off a coup of WFP and ISM, and merge them into a 48 page monthly rant against the CSA!

Cheers

Chris

http://www.worldfootballpages.com

I agree with Cheeta and Chris (wfp). The Voyageurs need to get their finger out, link to the WFP website, and most importantly, start writing again for WFP.

But at the same time, Chris, may I suggest you relax a little. Robert took the piss out of you a bit, but the majority of his first post in this thread clearly indicates he cares about WFP and wants to see it survive. You won't win over support from the minute football community by having a go at its members, even it some of them piss you off from time to time.

Let's face it - WFP is a BC footie mag. It's witty and entertaining and off-beat... but it's made in BC, primarily for BC readers. It can very well be enjoyed by readers in other provinces (and even in other countries), and it indeed contains copy and photos about the Nats and footie from other provinces, but it's clearly a BC-based mag.

Meanwhile, the relatively dull and sterile ISM claims to be national, but is clearly Ontario-focused.

I'm not sure if Alfons (and others behind ISM) would be willing to merge with you, but I think a single, truly national footie rag is needed. If ISM and WFP merge their writing pool, and more importantly, their advertiser pool, such a merged rag could go far, and we could finally have a truly national Canadian soccer magazine. Perhaps with at least one page per province/region.

If neither you nor Alfons were willing to part with the style of your respective rags, perhaps half the mag could be in ISM style, and the other half in WFP format. I seem to recall the two mags did some sort of "exchange" a couple years back, with WFP articles in WFP format appearing in ISM, for example. Perhaps something like that could be done?

WFP has a few BC advertisers. ISM has a few Ontario advertisers. Put them together, and you'd have enough national advertisers.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Let's face it - WFP is a BC footie mag. It's witty and entertaining and off-beat... but it's made in BC, primarily for BC readers. It can very well be enjoyed by readers in other provinces (and even in other countries), and it indeed contains copy and photos about the Nats and footie from other provinces, but it's clearly a BC-based mag.

Meanwhile, the relatively dull and sterile ISM claims to be national, but is clearly Ontario-focused.

I would beg to differ on the 'clearly Ontario focused' description of ISM. Obviously that was their biggest market but its focus was much more national than WFP and that was very much supported by Alfons Rubbens.

I enjoy WFP myself and continue to subscribe to the mag despite the left coast mushroom induced self indulgence that routinely wafts off the pages. Cheers from sunny Cowtown.

I would beg to differ on the 'clearly Ontario focused' description of ISM. Obviously that was their biggest market but its focus was much more national than WFP and that was very much supported by Alfons Rubbens.

I enjoy WFP myself and continue to subscribe to the mag despite the left coast mushroom induced self indulgence that routinely wafts off the pages. Cheers from sunny Cowtown.

I agree with Cheeta and Chris (wfp). The Voyageurs need to get their finger out, link to the WFP website, and most importantly, start writing again for WFP.

The Vees did link to WFP on the front page. The link seems to have been in the shuffle of Jarrek's latest re-design, but I'm sure if contacted he, or anyone else associated with updating it, would be happy to put it back up.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Good post.

Archived