Gun Drama At London Football Match

Loud Mouth Soup

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13410580,00.html

Armed police were called to a Championship football match after a club director apparently had a gun held to his head.

Eleven men were arrested following the drama at Queens Park Rangers' ground in west London.

Director Gianni Paladini was reportedly threatened with the a gun near the boardroom during the team's 2-1 win over Sheffield United.

QPR director tells of gun ordeal

Eleven men were arrested after the alleged incident

A football club director has reportedly been forced at gunpoint to sign paperwork resigning from the board.

Armed police were called to Queen's Park Rangers' Loftus Road stadium after Gianni Paladini was attacked.

Eleven men were arrested in or near the west London ground after the incident, which happened near the club's boardroom at about 1500 BST (1400 GMT).

Mr Paladini told the News of the World newspaper he had been "petrified" but would not quit.

One of them was holding my wrists and another was pointing a gun

The gang had pounced as he had been going to his office with shareholder Dave Morris before the game started, he added.

Mr Paladini told the paper he had been kicked and beaten on a flight of stairs by five people.

"I was petrified. One of them was holding my wrists and another was pointing a gun.

"They shouted at me to sign a piece of paper resigning from the board.

"Of course I signed it - but I have no intention of leaving the club.

"They tried to push me out of the ground, but I managed to break clear and run into the boardroom, shouting for help."

'Threats to kill'

A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that Hammersmith police have launched an investigation following an incident at QPR football ground.

"Police were called to reports that a number of men had threatened a man and a woman with threats to kill and then left the premises."

Mr Paladini, a former football agent who bought his stake in the club in May 2004, was later taken to Hammersmith Police Station.

He lives in London with his English wife Olga and his business portfolio includes several nightclubs.

QPR won their game against their Championship rivals Sheffield United, 2-1.

Archived