Rogers will not carry goltv

jaydog2006

quote:Originally posted by jaydog2006

Well some bad news if your in ont.Rogers will not be carrying gotv.There are against the channel and have no plans on offering it.

I bet if a lot of Latin American soccer fans in Toronto kicked up a fuss, they'd reconsider. As we found out in BC, Rogers folds faster under pressure than drawing a 2-6 in Texas Hold'em.

Cheers,

Bill

Highly unlikely that Rogers Digital will not carry GOLTV....that would be like saying they won't carry TSN becuase the compete. Plus, I'm sure there are many of you on this board would subscribe to the station to get your footy fix so it would be like throwing away free money.

I'm also sure one call to the CRTC's competition bureau would put an end to that idea as well considering Sportsnet was the only station to try and stop GOLTV from launching at the CRTC hearings.

Highly unlikely that Rogers Digital will not carry GOLTV....that would be like saying they won't carry TSN becuase the compete. Plus, I'm sure there are many of you on this board would subscribe to the station to get your footy fix so it would be like throwing away free money.

I'm also sure one call to the CRTC's competition bureau would put an end to that idea as well considering Sportsnet was the only station to try and stop GOLTV from launching at the CRTC hearings.

quote:Originally posted by mrpopulistfutebol

Yea, I think Rogers will chicken out of not showing Gol TV Canada faster then you can say goal, once the heat is applied to them. For those who are in areas where Rogers is the cable provider, I would write to them a letter voicing your concerns. To me that is the best way of going at it.

I agree. As a Rogers cable subscriber, I will be sending them an email asking if they will be carrying Gol TV and will also suggest that I'll likely change to satellite if the answer is no. If they get a few emails/letters/voice messages like that, I don't think there will be a problem. [8D]

For any one writing letter to rogers, May I suggest something like this I wrote to Shaw Cable in Winnipeg with regards to Shaw's possibility of them showing Gol TV Canada.

I reccomend anyone writing a letter to Rogers start the letter sucking up to them and then get to the main point in the middle of the letter.

Here is what I wrote to Shaw.

Dear Shaw Cable Customer Service:

I would like to commend your excellent commitment to providing customers with the best options in digital televised entertainment at affordable pricing. Shaw should be commended for this.

I am also writing to you with regards to a new digital television channel that will be availiable to Canadians in the fourth quarter of 2005 called Gol TV Canada and if Shaw Cable in Winnipeg will be getting this new service.

Gol TV Canada is a new digital soccer channel that will show some of the finest soccer leagues from around the world. This includes Italian Serie A, Spain's La Liga, as well as leagues from Brazil, Colombia, Uruguay and Honduras to name a few. Soccer continues to be a fast growing sport in Canada.

According to the Canadian Soccer Assocation, there are over 825,200 registered players with the CSA playing soccer in this country. This makes soccer one of this countries most popular participation sports. Also there various large multi-cultural communities across Canada, especially Winnipeg with many Canadians of Portuguese, Italian and Spanish decent who love to follow their nation's soccer leagues every weekend.

I believe that Winnipeg soccer fans, like myself would love to see this new service provided by Shaw, when it debuts in Canada this October. If you need more Information, Gol TV Canada has it's own website up at www.goltvcanada.com . I thank you for your understanding on this issue and look forward to continue to rely on Shaw for it's outstanding television and internet service.

Sincerely

Winnipeg Manitoba

Good luck to all those in the Ontario area :)

Archived