First ever official Sold-Out Impact game...

So, we complain about people in this country not being fans, or not caring, or not thinking we're good enough to bother worrying about, but when Montreal does this (and I don't believe they do it to the extent that Toronto does, which is ridiculous), people bitch about 'the real fans'?

So which is it? Real fans are the only ones who should be allowed to attend or have priority for tickets, or shall we promote the game and hope we can build a fanbase? Heck, maybe some of those people can even one day be allowed in to the elite 'real fans' club.

Yeah, only the Impact have NO season-tickets in GA to not impede placement of these massive cheap distributions, it has cut its flexpass program from last year and its season-tickets in reserved actually cost MORE than the individual tickets!

But giving so many tickets, forgetting the faithful paying fans with no credit cards who don't want to pay the 4$ service charge on Ticketmaster is just bad business practice.

And to top it off, this "sell-out" wasn't in our top-3 crowds ever. :(

Does anybody know for sure that the tickets are actually "Given" away to the local soccer associations? Or do they buy them and distribute them to various teams and coaches?

I can understand the frustration of the Montreal guys in this thread everytime I show up at the Centennial ticket window to buy my ticket. For every ticket sold, the attendant marks a tally on a sheet of paper. By my rough estimates the tally never exceeds 15-30. Which makes me wonder sometimes if we are the only paying customers.

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

The problem I have with these tickets distributed to the associations is that its the second game in a row that when I buy my tickets from a scalper it's one of those tickets. That should not happen.

If they only had such problems in Calgary or Edmonton last year. Impact fans are becoming a spoiled bunch. Soon it'll be..our team is too good, I wish we'd lose some games, so the band wagon jumping typical Montrealer would stay away....

whoa is me.....

hahahaha

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

You guys do realize this happens in ALL pro sports, right?

They'll get used to it... :)

And this was not the first ever sold-out to an Impact game.

Archived