CSA Soccer Stadium Clock, so far

leekoo

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

The only other mention has been shown on The Score's ticker. There's still a lot of work before they even put a shovel in the ground.

Mainly finding the balance of the funding....I would imagine! There is hope for Lamport yet.

If this stadium gets built, it will be $60 million for 10,400 additional seats as compared to Lamport! I bet you you could bring Lamport to 20,000 for less than $20 million and then have $$$ left to contribute to improved/new facilities in BC, Montreal and the Maritimes!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The European qualifying for the Netherlands 2005 WYCs started in July of 2004. If this same time frame for qualifying is applied to the Canada 2007 WYCs, then this stage of the tournament will start approximately only 270 days from now. Gasp! Gulp! Holy F Kevan, if it took 270 days to build that SSS in Columbus, are we going to have a stadium ready in Toronto by the time the European qualifiers start? Doesn't look like it, eh? When the qualifying the the Netherlands 2005 started, FIFA.com was already proudly showing the world the stadiums and cities that would be used in the Netherlands on their website. What are we going to be showing the world 9</u> months from now? Some drawings, or a couple of fotographs of the Rogers Centre? It's time for the Pipe to zhit, or get of the pot!

Maybe you wont have to worry about public pressure though as it appears that the legion of 20 Canadian Voyageurs fans will be silenced soon

The European qualifying for the Netherlands 2005 WYCs started in July of 2004. If this same time frame for qualifying is applied to the Canada 2007 WYCs, then this stage of the tournament will start approximately only 270 days from now. Gasp! Gulp! Holy F Kevan, if it took 270 days to build that SSS in Columbus, are we going to have a stadium ready in Toronto by the time the European qualifiers start? Doesn't look like it, eh? When the qualifying the the Netherlands 2005 started, FIFA.com was already proudly showing the world the stadiums and cities that would be used in the Netherlands on their website. What are we going to be showing the world 9</u> months from now? Some drawings, or a couple of fotographs of the Rogers Centre? It's time for the Pipe to zhit, or get of the pot!

Maybe you wont have to worry about public pressure though as it appears that the legion of 20 Canadian Voyageurs fans will be silenced soon

• 5 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by Johnnie Monster

Great laugh during the Vancouver v. Toronto broadcast on TEAM 1040 AM....

Vancouver's guys interviewed the OSA's technical director at halftime.....

To paraphrase:

"Any word on where the new stadium is going?"

"I really don't know. We haven't heard anything</u>. Nobody knows!"

I roll on the floor laughing hysterically when I think back to all those Toronto MLS-boosters insisting that an announcement was "just a few days away!" because the guys on Sportsnet said so.

Wasn't that a month and a half ago?

How many boxes of tisssue have you been thru. Toronto stadium approved. Vancouver years away from approval , if it gets approved. Never know who will come into the next coucil or has keerfoot bought the newe council with more political graft, seems he is good at that.

Archived