Do Men Play Field Hockey in Canada?

Desigol

quote:Originally posted by Desigol

I know there are a lot of Canucks originaly from the Indian Sub-Continent where Men play Field Hockey, note the growth of Cricket in Canada. Also in Ireland Field Hockey is popular amongst Both Genders.

Yes we do. We qualified for the 2000 Olympics and did okay, but not great. I rather enjoyed watching that and water polo as fringe sports I hadn't paid a lot of attention to.

cheers,

matthew

Guest HamiltonSteelers

Its unfortunate that the fringe sports don't make TV as often. Water polo is a crazy aggressive game (as seen by the Hungary v. Serbia gold medal game in Athens) that I don't get to see enough of. I'd like to give gaelic football and hurling a chance (I love the aussie rules game and it is quite similar), more 6-man volleyball, field hockey, european handball, etc.

Damn, 2008 is such a LONG WAYS AWAY!!!

Ha. Large East Indian community in my neighbourhood. Lots of field hockey played. Well not lots, but a pretty good share.

Know a few white guys who play the game as well. All quite good apparently but a bit abused by the non-whites. No idea why. A lot of the lads they play with/against are Canadian born so go figure.

A good game is watchable but otherwise I'm not a big field hockey fan. Could see how the game could grow on you though.

Archived