Impact Sign 4 - Gbeke,Diplacido,Hainault & Bailey

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We heard about DiPlacido through the grapevine just after yesterday's game, and I had a feeling about Gbeke as I saw him shake hands with Bruno Hartrell after the game in a "so long, farewell" sort of manner.

Dave leaving is a shocker, that guy has been a Lynx mainstay for years. Good for him, good for the Impact, bad for the Lynx who are little more than a feeder club for the better A-league teams. The MLS can't come to Toronto soon enough.

I spoke with Andre hainault lately and said that the club is fully aware that he may be leaving at any time as he is waiting to hear from his agent for a tryout in scotland with the Rangers. Also said that the whole Impact association has been first class with him in all respects of his training and accomadating his schedule.

quote:Originally posted by CDN4EVR

I spoke with Andre hainault lately and said that the club is fully aware that he may be leaving at any time as he is waiting to hear from his agent for a tryout in scotland with the Rangers. Also said that the whole Impact association has been first class with him in all respects of his training and accomadating his schedule.

Everybody here in Montreal hopes that he makes it in Europe.

Don't know if he'll get a chance to play that much in Montreal...

Maybe if he doesn't get playing time and doesn't crack it in europe, you can trade him to Toronto for whomever is standing out next season. We'll groom him for a year and then either a) sell him to a second rate Scandinavian team for a record breaking 6000$ US or B) send him back to Montreal for 'future considerations' so Saputo can make a tidy profit by selling him to a first rate Scandinavian team.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Watching the dealings of the Lynx with the Impact this year, one has the impression that the Lynx are the Impact's reserve team.

That's the de facto reality, I'm afraid not just an impression. Who needs reserves when you can use the Lynx?

quote:Originally posted by Marc

Maybe if he doesn't get playing time and doesn't crack it in europe, you can trade him to Toronto for whomever is standing out next season. We'll groom him for a year and then either a) sell him to a second rate Scandinavian team for a record breaking 6000$ US or B) send him back to Montreal for 'future considerations' so Saputo can make a tidy profit by selling him to a first rate Scandinavian team.

I had to laugh at that description, because it fits the Lynx organization so well.

I used to be a regular fan at Lynx matches back in the Varsity days, but have since soured on the organization and await MLS with open arms.

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

Bruno I hope your F(u)cking wearing earplugs for the next game cause either I'm getting kicked out or your leaving cause you wont be able to take me anymore.

Bruno, you had better take note because you have no idea how hard life can get for a football team owner when your own ultras turn against you!

This is sad, Bruno, I have never seen one man own one team and be so willing to help out not just a rival but a championship rival!!!! The most amazing part about this deal is that we get no one in return, not even a couple umbro balls!

oh and Bruno and Busby..... PLAY WYN BELOTTE !!!!!!!!!!

Is this Lynx organization actually trying to be competitive? Or is Bruno just trying to keep the team afloat to recoup the money he says he has sunk into the team? I mean, I actually watched the game aginst Richmond, Diplacido looked sharp and dynamic, wrong guy to sell IMO. Gerba, Gbeke, Diplacido all gone. Dont worry Wyn Belotte will score a couple of quality goals and will be Montreal bound by mid-September.

quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

Is this Lynx organization actually trying to be competitive? Or is Bruno just trying to keep the team afloat to recoup the money he says he has sunk into the team?

The latter. The Lynx are here to survive, not thrive. We should be grateful about the former from a player pro career stepping stone point of view (and to give us "hooligans" a chance to act silly at a soccer match) but the latter shouldn't be the fate that a franchise has in a huge city & soccer market such as Toronto - feeder club for another team in the same league, which itself is in the (for all intents in purposes) 2nd tier for North America.

As for Belotte, it probably won't be until the same time next year the Lynx trade him back to Montreal. Same with Matondo.

The timing of this is terrible as well. Just as the Lynx seemed to have put together a decent team after several years of being what in most leagues would be a sure relegation team, they gut the team. Shows the advantage of the promotion relegation system, owners like the Hartrells are removed from the system based on their own incompetence. Also shows the Hartrells are not serious about promoting soccer in Toronto, they want to sell the team on promotions not on providing good soccer. Is it any wonder that the CSA is ignoring Hartrell in their attempt to get a real professional team in Toronto? He certainly doesn't make you feel sorry for him with all his whining about MLS and MLSE. If the MLS and CSA were stupid enough to ignore Sapputo in Montreal he would have a legitimate reason to be pissed off but Hartrell has nothing to gripe about. A well run franchise in Toronto could be every bit as successful as the Impact currently are. I hope the Ultras make a few choice banners about Hartrell for the next game.

Archived