The Score airing EPL soccer on Sundays

akpatel2083

I was watching Sportsworld yesterday and at the end James Sharman said that starting on August 14 they will be showing EPL on Sundays. I for one am very excited, but I'm wondering if anyone knows which game they will be showing, Fox Sports World Canada tends to show the early match, so I am hoping they bought the rights to the later match on Sunday. Please comment.

Great stuff! The loss of the Sunday match on FSWC hurt a few times last year. Several elite matchups on the list below.

The new wife may not appreciate it though. :)

EPL Coming to The Score

Great news for all you Barclay's English Premier League fans out there! The Score is ecstatic to announce it will be broadcasting live matches every Sunday this season.

Coverage begins August 14th at 10:30am when champions Chelsea travel to newcomers Wigan Athletic.

" Sportsworld - Matchday" will feature a 30min pre-game show dedicated to the world of English Soccer. Hosted by James Sharman, with analysis from Brian Budd, Paul James and others it will be your place to be on Sunday mornings.

Schedule: (First 17gms)

8/14/05 1505GMT/1105ET Wigan Athletic v. Chelsea

8/21/05 1505GMT/1105ET Chelsea v. Arsenal

8/28/05 1505GMT/1105ET Newcastle United v. Manchester United

9/11/05 1505GMT/1105ET Bolton v. Blackburn

9/18/05 1505GMT/1105ET Liverpool v. Manchester United

9/25/05 1505GMT/1105ET Middlesbrough v. Sunderland

10/2/05 1505GMT/1105ET Liverpool v. Chelsea

10/16/05 1505GMT/1105ET Manchester City v. West Ham United

10/23/05 1505GMT/1105ET Everton v. Chelsea

10/30/05 1605GMT/1105ET West Bromwich Ablion v.Newcastle Unted

11/6/05 1605GMT/1105ET Manchester United v. Chelsea

11/20/05 1605GMT/1105ET Middlesbrough v. Fulham

11/27/05 1605GMT/1105ET West Ham United v. Manchester United

12/4/05 1605GMT/1105ET Charlton v. Manchester City

12/11/05 1605GMT/1105ET Manchester United v. Everton

12/18/05 1605GMT/1105ET Arsenal v. Chelsea

1/15/06 1605GMT/1105ET Sunderland v. Chelsea

Wow, incredible how many of the bigger clubs' fixtures are now on Sundays, as opposed to the bulk of the Premiership fixtures on Saturday. This is obviously because of the worldwide appeal of the clubs, as, outside of Britain and the USA, the bulk of the television audience is on Sundays.

Guest HamiltonSteelers

What's wrong with Budgie? Sure, he's two notches above insane, and he's as close to a soccer version of Don Cherry (saying stupid things), but he's terribly charismatic and hates the CSA. :)

Hi there...this is my first post.

Just to clarify,

So does this mean FSWC will no longer air live EPL broadcasts? (I.e. Sunday AM game, Monday 3PM Match.)

I know that The Score will air the 11 AM game (formerly on PPV), but FSWC used to air the 9AM match.

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks

Danny

quote:Originally posted by akpatel2083

No, I'm pretty sure FSWC will still be airing the 9am match. I;m sure i've seen some EPL commercials on FSWC for this season

Yeah, the 9am game is there.

For the first week of the season, it's Liverpool-Blackburn.

quote:Originally posted by littleD

Yeah, the 9am game is there.

For the first week of the season, it's Liverpool-Blackburn.

But Liverpool doesn't play Blackburn until Oct. 15.

I'd be surprised if FSWC cut back their EPL coverage even more. It must be their biggest draw for subscribers. The weekday games were good last season, but it seemed like half the time there was no early Sunday game and when there was one, it wasn't a very interesting match-up.

Sadly The Score isn't part of the basic package here. I can get Teletoon, MuchMusic, CPAC, The Weather Channel, local community channel etc. In both english or french. (when SAP isn't new technolgy)

I also live in area where all gov't offices actually have signs up reading....English/Français Your/Votre Choice/Choix at every wicket and street signs truthfully read....rue Main St.

But no Score without buying all 4 RSN, FSWC (I had FSWC last winter on a trial thing but for some reason I lost interest in it quickly) and some other strange channels thay call sports channels (like why do I want a Raptors, Leafs,(maybe Habs)and NHL channels and I can't get TLN without buying a "Multi-cultural" package that encludes 5 channels I'll never watch. But luckily it looks like RSN is continuing with the 3 game Saturdays and TV5 will have Ligue 1 weekly. Also the family has put non basic through the roof with movies and other non sports, so I'll just cry in my beer as I watch the standard fare on RSN East, TV5, RDS and TSN. But that's still alot of soccer a week for one guy. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that RSN will have FA Cup and La Liga again this year.Wouldn't even mind some SFA CUP [}:)]

EDIT: Although some of us soccer snobs like to put down traditional North American sports. I do like Hockey, Baseball and "pointy ball" Football as well. Sunday is that day when I like the MLB game of the week and CHL broadcasts and lets not forget NFL owns Sundays. Last I looked there is still only 24 hours in a day.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Sadly The Score isn't part of the basic package here. I can get Teletoon, MuchMusic, CPAC, The Weather Channel, local community channel etc. In both english or french. (when SAP isn't new technolgy)

I also live in area where all gov't offices actually have signs up reading....English/Français Your/Votre Choice/Choix at every wicket and street signs truthfully read....rue Main St.

But no Score without buying all 4 RSN, FSWC (I had FSWC last winter on a trial thing but for some reason I lost interest in it quickly) and some other strange channels thay call sports channels (like why do I want a Raptors, Leafs,(maybe Habs)and NHL channels and I can't get TLN without buying a "Multi-cultural" package that encludes 5 channels I'll never watch. But luckily it looks like RSN is continuing with the 3 game Saturdays and TV5 will have Ligue 1 weekly. Also the family has put non basic through the roof with movies and other non sports, so I'll just cry in my beer as I watch the standard fare on RSN East, TV5, RDS and TSN. But that's still alot of soccer a week for one guy. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that RSN will have FA Cup and La Liga again this year.Wouldn't even mind some SFA CUP [}:)]

EDIT: Although some of us soccer snobs like to put down traditional North American sports. I do like Hockey, Baseball and "pointy ball" Football as well. Sunday is that day when I like the MLB game of the week and CHL broadcasts and lets not forget NFL owns Sundays. Last I looked there is still only 24 hours in a day.

How fast is your internet connection? Because you'll likely be able to catch these games over the web with a decent quality picture. Have you heard of streaming programs such as PPLive or CoolStreaming?

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

Great stuff!

8/21/05 1505GMT/1105ET Chelsea v. Arsenal

8/28/05 1505GMT/1105ET Newcastle United v. Manchester United

9/18/05 1505GMT/1105ET Liverpool v. Manchester United

10/2/05 1505GMT/1105ET Liverpool v. Chelsea

10/23/05 1505GMT/1105ET Everton v. Chelsea

11/6/05 1605GMT/1105ET Manchester United v. Chelsea

12/11/05 1605GMT/1105ET Manchester United v. Everton

12/18/05 1605GMT/1105ET Arsenal v. Chelsea

Those are some great matches, indeed! Costs $10 to watch each of them in the U.S. ... and still worth it.

Archived