July 29 - Vancouver-Seattle [R]

Final:

Vancouver 0  Seattle 0

Vancouver had a goal by Gjertsen called back for offside, though there were big question marks surrounding that play. The replay did not show it, but I suspect it may have been one of those new delayed offside calls, because Gjertsen was well onside when the ball came to him but he could have been offside earlier when the play began to develop.

Vancouver fail to clinch the Cascadia Cup (needed a win). Two matches to go, both of them Portland vs. Seattle, with Vancouver leading Seattle by 5 points.

There was some excellent and much-appreciated talk about the Voyageurs Cup from Paul Dolan and Bob Lenarduzzi at halftime. I was very (happily) surprised by this, considering this was a Cascadia Cup and not a Voyageurs Cup match. However, I did not see the pre-match or much of the first half, so perhaps they covered the Cascadia Cup earlier?

Final:

Vancouver 0  Seattle 0

Vancouver had a goal by Gjertsen called back for offside, though there were big question marks surrounding that play. The replay did not show it, but I suspect it may have been one of those new delayed offside calls, because Gjertsen was well onside when the ball came to him but he could have been offside earlier when the play began to develop.

Vancouver fail to clinch the Cascadia Cup (needed a win). Two matches to go, both of them Portland vs. Seattle, with Vancouver leading Seattle by 5 points.

There was some excellent and much-appreciated talk about the Voyageurs Cup from Paul Dolan and Bob Lenarduzzi at halftime. I was very (happily) surprised by this, considering this was a Cascadia Cup and not a Voyageurs Cup match. However, I did not see the pre-match or much of the first half, so perhaps they covered the Cascadia Cup earlier?

An entertaining game, Duze even managed to keep his biases reasonably well contained. Good quality. The comment was made by the Duze that the reduction in teams has helped up the quality of the A-League and I think that I have to agree. The goal was good by all appearances.

Archived