July 12 GC - Canada v Cuba - IN-match [R]

DJT

I was in the chat from the beginning and I gave lots of updates, but, damn it, at the last minute I accidentally went off the page and lost it all before getting a chance to copy it and paste it here. So I'll just paste the (inferior [:P]) comments from CONCACAF's ticker (in reverse-chronological order within each half):

1st Half

45 min » Hutchison gets yellow too, even though Minoso comes in with cleats higher than Hutchison, whose underwear gets caught in Minoso s studs

45 min » Yellow card for Minoso and Hutchison in play where both come in with cleats up

38 min » Lester More shows technical ability as he chests down a ball and gets a shot off for Cuba. but straight at Sutton

35 min » Canada gets close again. DeRosario cross slightly behind Gerba, who shoots hard from close range, but into the next zip/postal code.

27 min » Occean slams it home for Canada, but is offside by a shoelace when ball is headed to him so goal is called back for offside.

26 min » Far post header for 6ft3in Cuban Jeniel Marquez, who gets behind Canada s defense for slightly off target attempt

24 min » Strange timing for Cuba substitution after only 25 minutes, but Duarte was promising as a second half sub in Cuba s previous matches. Match experience will help him in the future.

22 min » Gisbel Morales moves up right side on rare Cuban raid. His shot is blocked by Sutton.

20 min » Canada shoots again. Gervais moves up to attack.

20 min » Canada misses huge opportunity. Occean gets an open shot after cross. Occean has goal wide open as Cuban goalie Aviles returns to home as Occean side foots waist high ball into the only place the Cuban goalie could cover.

16 min » De Rosario fires a shot but his effort goes wide.

14 min » Canada has more of the ball, but has problems getting shots off.

9 min » Canada comes close again. Gerba shoots. Braz on overlap and returns pass for DeRosario, whose shot is blocked

6 min » Canada attacks. De Rosario moves forward as Canda comes closer.

3 min » Corner for Canada. Aviles holds for Cuba.

1 min » Match begins

2nd Half

49 min » Match ends, with Cuba threatening to tie score.

47 min » Gooal for Cuba. Lester More storms in from the right. Sutton saves shot, but Cervantes is certainly the Man of The Man-cha for Colombia as he scores on rebound

44 min » four minutes added on. Canada one goal from the tie breaking coin flip. Will they score the third and force tie breaker with Colombia?

42 min » Hutchison scores. Moves up from defense and beats Cuban keeper to lower left.

40 min » Cuba almost ties. Two shots force Sutton to save.

39 min » Yallop sent off. Perhaps he had enough of seing his team miss chances. Yallop moves to stands.

38 min » Cuba misses chance. striker More shoots, but Sutton s fingertips save the goal.

36 min » Gerba cannot finish. DeRosario starts a combination which finds the Montreal forward alone in front of goal and cannot score the left footer from 5 yards out. Another missed chance. Can anybody in Canada finish?

33 min » End ot end action for a few minutes. DeRosario tries to dribble everybody on the way to goal, but the goalie takes the ball off his feet.

30 min » sub for Cuba. Minoso out Munoz in

23 min » Goal!!! Canada scores Aviles comes out to get cross from Simpson but Gerba beats him to it and scores.

17 min » sub, simpson for Pozniak. Simpson likes to move up flank in previous matches, may try to attack on flank.

15 min » back to back shot on goal for both teams. Occean shoots, but Aviles saves shot.

14 min » change for Cuba . Faife in, Aviles out.

11 min » Yallop finally send Jaime Peters in, and the U 20 Maple Leaf will get a chance to show his talent.

4 min » mcKenna handles ball clumsily and send it into goal, He must have been watching Maradona videos from 86, but his flagrant hand ball is not punished by ref Moreno. It s either a goal or a yellow card, and goal was called back, so it should be clear yellow.

3 min » Corner kick Occean misses again

2 min » Second half begins with 0-0, but the real question is will Canada score a goal in the Gold cup 2005?

Well yet again Canada has been screwed by CONCACAF. I hate to be a baby...but its true. Benito Archundia in WCQ, and now Peter Prendergast in Gold Cup 2005. I just have to say it is sad. Canada desearves to be in the Quater-Finals. CONCACAF needs to act NOW. Cause im tired of turning on a TV to see CONCACAF ruin a teams chances for glory, it draws me away from the game I love.

WAY TO GO CONCACAF...You did it again...Happy?

Archived