July 6 Friendly: Oakville Blue Devils v Lynx [R]

obdfan

Lynx 0 Oakville 0

A chippy affair that the referee seemed on the edge of losing control of. Some very hard tackles, lots of pushing and shoving, several injuries and Titus nose-to-nose and close to blows-to-blows with one of the Oakville defenders after a two foot tackle.

Each team had several chances but the Lynx had more and better chances.

Oakville and Lynx defenders were up to the job of defending with the Lynx forwards more dangerous. The Lynx controlled the midfield for the better part of the game. About 400-500 in attendance.

Lynx 0 Oakville 0

A chippy affair that the referee seemed on the edge of losing control of. Some very hard tackles, lots of pushing and shoving, several injuries and Titus nose-to-nose and close to blows-to-blows with one of the Oakville defenders after a two foot tackle.

Each team had several chances but the Lynx had more and better chances.

Oakville and Lynx defenders were up to the job of defending with the Lynx forwards more dangerous. The Lynx controlled the midfield for the better part of the game. About 400-500 in attendance.

Fans in the stands told me that both starting lineups appeared to be the first team.

3 Lynx were down and hobbling. The only name I recall was Dodds who was still limping after the game. Tempers appeared to be high as I understand this was a bit of a grudge match.

For Oakville #2 the right defender was cleated early in the second with a very late tackle after a very strong first half. His replacement (I heard people refer to him as Lovemore?) lasted about 3 minutes before pulling his hamstring in a skirmish. Then his replacement (sorry no name or #)was also hurt in a 1-on-1 challenge.

The two collisions of the night were the Titus one I mentioned in my last post and a second half midfield collision that looked more like a game of "chicken" as two players (whose numbers I didn't get) were running full speed for a loose ball and had a full-on flesh and bone crunching crash. It was so loud and dangerous looking that the fans reacted with loud shock and the ref stopped the play immediately. They both got up, shook it off and stayed on the field.

As a side note Oakville got most of their players on the field but the Lynx only made 3 substitutions. Lynx Dave Simpson (ex-Thunder)didn't play and later seemed to be favouring a hamstring.

The lynx were useless!! If Oakville were a bit fitter they would of beaten the lynx easily. Oakville were outplayed in the midfield? The oakville midfiloed players were the only ones who were send through balls in and getiing forward unlike the lynk midfileders who keep on going in circles. Everyone please give it up the lynx need some big chnages. And as for this SeanKeay fellow here if the Lynx can't handle the heat against a CPSL team then they shouldn't even botherr. Do you even watch football? Do you see how some of the leagues around the world play even in friendlies? That is why Canada is a joke because everyone plays like little fairies and always making excuses. I would of loved to see Oakville win last night but unfortunately they don't have the luxury of full tme salary as the Lynx do and they still stink.

Im asuming batigol is one of those bitter cpsl'ers who got cut back in the day from the lynx and holds a grudge like all of em.

Btw, im pretty sure i didnt see any two foot tackles in the liverpool/porto friendly in toronto last year...

And its nice to see that a guy who calls the players fairys is named Batigol.... LOL

Well you know what they say assumptions are the mother of all great ups which I think is something that you are.Are you a player for the Lynx? How disgusting it must be for a player to go on a discussion form to defend his team. First of all I'm probably old enough to be your father and just learned of this open forum as of recent months. I thought that I could have intellegent football discussions with people who actually understand the game. Second of all do you even know what Batigol stands for you moron? If you think Batistuta is a fairy I would love for you to say that in front of his face so he can bash it in. As if the Oakville team was soo bad and in fact the CPSL is just a "beer" league then why did the Stinks tie them? IF they are so much more advance then they are then they should of destroyed them. What qualifications do you have? Where have you been and done? Obviously if you are on this forum abosuletly nothing. I'm glad you defend your team like that but face it the sucks they really belong in a beer league but even then they wont win a game. As for the CPSL it sucks too but each team has a few individuals who can play at a higher level. Paul Munster London City? Slavia Prague. Kevin DeSerpa Hamilton Thunder? Fk Haugesund. Just to name a few so I suggest you keep your mouth shut and I hope someday someone will shut it for you.

Ohhh Batigol, you may be old enough to be my father... but your acting younger then anyone on this board.

seriously, they tied the team GOOD GOD, the world is going to end.

The lynx once beat 1860 munich does that mean the lynx should say well, great were better then the german league. The lynx have a great ammount of skill on that team, and if you can not see that then you are nuts. Taty, Wyn, Dodds, Aristademo, Frasier and the list goes on and on...

And to make threats over the board is soo mature for an adult to do. AND WHEN IM making fun of you for being immature, you must be off the wall!!! btw, i may have terrible gramatic skills but please learn about paragraphs or even random enters to make it for easy reading.

And well, thats me... please

Now gow back to watchin the cpsl and living your beer league dreams threw them... Hell if u have ur youth coaching certificate go drop ur resume off at durham... either they will hire you or send u to walmart.. there are jobs foreveryone :)

And now on that note... im done with this thread... lock it up and throw away the keys

PS... Daniel is a douchebag... knick knack patty wack, give a dog a bone!

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Oh btw, not to hate on the CPSL... BUT

When you have a head coach who is less qualified then me, coaching a team... you know this league is nothing more then a glorified beer league.

What does that say about Hubbie Jr?

Archived