Gyaki Promoted to Blades first team

Peschfan

Canadian under 20 star Ryan Gyaki has been promoted to the Sheffield United First Team along with 5 other Academy players by Neil Warnock.

Great to see another Canadian break throungh the academy ranks into the first team.

Heres the rticle from Sky sports

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=288809&CPID=10&CLID=&lid=4&title=Blades+blood+youth&channel=championship

Sheffield United have rewarded six of their youngsters from the academy with professional deals.

Stephen Quinn (brother of Alan), Travis Binnion, Ryan Gyaki, Colin Marrison, Kyle McFadzean and Nick Travis are the individuals who have been chosen to join Michael Tonge and co. for the 2005/06 season.

Three of the promoted players already have youth international experience, with Quinn and Binnion being Republic of Ireland youth internationals whilst Gyaki has represented Canada at youth level.

And Neil Warnock found time to speak of his hopes for the promising batch of new players.

"These deals are the reward for their hard work and attitude in the Academy," said Warnock.

"I sincerely hope they can continue to progress in our development squad with Ron Reid and who knows how far they can go."

It says the manager hopes they (the 6 youth academy grads given pro contracts) will continue to progress in their development squad - does this mean Gyaki and the others are bound for the reserve team?

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Well, yeah. They will play with the reserves and those good enough might get on the game squad, then an appearance as a sub, then a starter. That's usually how it goes.

That's different than being on the first team. Elliot Godfrey got a pro contract with Watford but never made it to the first team even though he was a regular starter for their reserve side. The wording of the title of this thread made me think Gyaki was stepping straight up into the first team, so I thought that perhaps Peschfan had some more info that wasn't in the article.

Still a nice accomplishment for Gyaki. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Well, yeah. They will play with the reserves and those good enough might get on the game squad, then an appearance as a sub, then a starter. That's usually how it goes.

That's different than being on the first team. Elliot Godfrey got a pro contract with Watford but never made it to the first team even though he was a regular starter for their reserve side. The wording of the title of this thread made me think Gyaki was stepping straight up into the first team, so I thought that perhaps Peschfan had some more info that wasn't in the article.

Still a nice accomplishment for Gyaki. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

Archived