June 26 Toronto Lynx - Charelston Battery LIVE (R)

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

It didn't look full. I drove into the game a few minutes late and from my car got a pretty good view of the stands - lots of empty seats, particularly at the north end of the stadium. And even if it was full the stadium doesn't seat as many as 3000 - I think its 2,500.

Yup, the grandstand was nowhere near full.

The capacity of the grandstand is 2,200 ... There was 1,500 people there at the most.

hahah mike the look alike to Hajto :) thats crazy :) yeah like it was stated before. Paul, Sean, Ryan, Myself (Tom)and Mike (dosn't post on this board but post on the U-Sector board) he has made every game this season and went with me and zac to Hamilton. He was the guy with the camera. To bad he is leaving to Europe today until September.

The Lynx stats guy feeds the press box crew the attendance. They announced it over the sound system this week from what I remember. I smirked at 3392 but didn't tell the Star guy (Donavan Vincent) my estimates of attendance as writing what a 'big' crowd they have may help attendance. Readers/trend setters thought process--it's the place to be seen.

Of course the way to increase attendance is to WIN the games you play. The Toronto Sun at least had a CP report although they've stopped sending a reporter to games.

It's better than the Star coverage of a few years ago when the team won games, made the semi finals

and not a word mentioned in the newspaper. If they could WIN it would build the publicity.

Too bad they may lose the coverage momentum when NHL hockey comes back.

Who is the odd man out? With Charlie coming back what happens to Dave Simpson, Said Ali, Fraser or even Wyn? Someone needs to go. Also, Joe and Arango are coming back. You already have Nigel, Titus, Jeremie, Hart, Rumba, Francois, Fletcher and Chris Williams. That's a lot of defenders. Some big decisions for Busby.

Fletcher hasn't even played once has he? Its so easy to forget he's even on the team. Nevertheless, once Joe and Andres are back, if any cuts are to be made and they have any intention of giving Carl a chance, I'd say goodbye to Piette and Titus (who just looks like he is jogging half the time when he should be running - he's getting up there with age for a player so I'm not convinced he still has it).

Up front, if it was to base a decision to cut a player on the performances of the strikers on Sunday's game I would be saying good-bye to Said Ali. Dave Simpson is injured though, I understand, so I expect it is not a decision that needs to be made just yet.

You are right about Titus, he does look like he's lost a step. He's also no good to the team on road trips but he's not allowed to travel. If Fletcher is not able to play then he should be the first to go. He hasn't played all season and there is no reason to keep him around. Jeremie has been playing good as of late but since he is an foreigner he may be the first to go. It's a tough call for the management but someone needs to go.

The Lynx don't need another coach, they need players. Titus is a great player when he decides to play simple. Once Arango and Joe come back into the mix he would be best suited as a left back. His days are numbered as a defensive mid or even a middle back four.

Archived