June 26 Toronto Lynx - Charelston Battery LIVE (R)

Lynx were the better team in the first half, but blew it majorly in the second half. They played most of the second half a man up after a Charleston player took down Fraser or Bellote in the area. A free kick was awarded, but it looked clearly inside the area. Toronto had this idea of playing long ball for the rest of the game, but they couldn't control the passes. Huffman Eja-Tabe missed an open net in about the 80th minute and Matondo scored in injury time.

What does it take for this team to earn three points?

Dodds, Frasor, Aristodemo - all brilliant.

Finally Busby got the midfield involved, but unfortunately the defense and the attackers blew it. Poor finishing, and poor defending when it mattered.

Belotte looked good early on, but it seems he still needs to find his feet and get up to full fitness.

Doddsy also had a curling shot from just outside the 18- smack right of the outside post!!! that at about the 85th min.

Lynx looked deservant to get a maximum, considering thay had 14 shots (15 with post) on net and Charleston only 4-5!

Oh yeah and we got a some poics and got some autographs by Paul Stalteri. That Canadian flag that Sean and Ryan have has like 15 signatures of Canadian National, that a classic. Imagine how many it will have when both of them are enjoying a cold one on their front porch :) with thier kids running around;)

The Toronto Star actually had a write up for this match and gave the attendance as being 3800 or something like that - which is probably an exaggeration of over 2000 fans by my reckoning. The reporter (Donovan Vincent) doesn't seem to be able to judge crowd sizes very well.

The Lynx are really missing Mattachione & Arango at the back. They'd probably have another few wins under their belt if those two hadn't been injured all year, as the defense is still weak - the 2nd goal by Charlotte was embarassing. The midfield & strikers are almost at a different level of play than the team's defense, though I thought Chris Williams did ok at right back. The Fraser-Belotte-Matondo attacking combo has potential. Once Belotte was taken off the team seemed to stagger offensively - I guess he's not fully in shape yet as there was no other reason to take him off.

G-l... you also forgot to mention that Nigel Henry was missing from the game, who has been a rock in our defence since signing.. with him in the back with williams joe and arrango OOOOo baby...

But when does it ever fall into the right place for the lynx

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

Lynxsoccer.com has the attandance @ 3,392. The grandstand look full its possible there were that many. After the 90+ minute goal fans were actually on their feet clapping until the final whistle

It didn't look full. I drove into the game a few minutes late and from my car got a pretty good view of the stands - lots of empty seats, particularly at the north end of the stadium. And even if it was full the stadium doesn't seat as many as 3000 - I think its 2,500.

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

G-l... you also forgot to mention that Nigel Henry was missing from the game, who has been a rock in our defence since signing.. with him in the back with williams joe and arrango OOOOo baby...

Yeah, I did forget about him. But I'm not sure I can recall watching him play, so perhaps that was understanable. I haven't really got a good look at Robin Hart either, who got injured the moment I entered the stadium.

Archived