june 22nd Montreal Impact-Charleston (R)

Montreal 4

Charleston 2

Sutton not playing because of a light concussion. Vincello and Gerba score in the first half making it 2-0, Charleston comes back in the second half making it 2-2. Grande gives the win to Montreal by putting a free kick in the goal 10 minutes before the end and Eddy Sebrango score the 4th goal a couple of minutes later.

Well, bar Rochester, paid attendance is probably still bigger than any team's average.

I'd assume that probably 3-4k a game are giveaways. Which leaves still a lot of paying customers.

But what counts isn't the revenue (the team turns a profit), it's exposure and media coverage. The more people go, the more will go. I can't see many giveaways at Saputo Stadium.

Give a ways or not.....people still show up. I doubt that would be the case with the Lynx. Infact im asking myself what the lynx would have to lose by giving away a few thousand tickets away themselves? It's all about giving your product some exposure, with the hope that people will return, and they do. In the mean time, revenues are generated by the concession and souvenir stands.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Give a ways or not.....people still show up. I doubt that would be the case with the Lynx. Infact im asking myself what the lynx would have to lose by giving away a few thousand tickets away themselves? It's all about giving your product some exposure, with the hope that people will return, and they do. In the mean time, revenues are generated by the concession and souvenir stands.

The owners don't have a clue. They see it as a loss by giving away free tickets. That's one of the reason's why they are struggling to promote professional soccer here in Toronto.

And if you'd paid $15 for your ticket and the people beside you were given their tickets? Lots of folks on this board object to freebies. "WAAAHHHHH, Why it cheapens the dignity of the product".

Slam the owners for giving away free tickets AND slam the owners for NOT giving away free tickets.

Hey if the Lynx or Lady Lynx score three goals in a game the fans get a (coupon for a) free slice of pizza. If a person buys a large pizza (same brand), they get a free ticket to the NBA Toronto Raptors game (OK cheap seats).

And if you'd paid $15 for your ticket and the people beside you were given their tickets? Lots of folks on this board object to freebies. "WAAAHHHHH, Why it cheapens the dignity of the product".

Slam the owners for giving away free tickets AND slam the owners for NOT giving away free tickets.

Hey if the Lynx or Lady Lynx score three goals in a game the fans get a (coupon for a) free slice of pizza. If a person buys a large pizza (same brand), they get a free ticket to the NBA Toronto Raptors game (OK cheap seats).

quote:Originally posted by Rocket Robin

And if you'd paid $15 for your ticket and the people beside you were given their tickets?

That has got me thinking for a while now. I had observed that when we go directly to purchase our tickets at the box office, the attendant will mark down each sale in the appropriate column on his/her sheet of paper ( eg.: adult 15$, kids XX$, seniors XX$) as a tally. I do not recall ever, especially recently, seeing an exhaustive number of tallys. Usually, I would say that the tally is more or less 15-30 on the adult ticket sales. Yet the people who line up seem mostly our group here. Those who don't have seasons ticket.

Are we the only ones who are actully buying tickets at full fare? Is it right to charge your most loyal customers the full fare while everyone else gets in for free. How many businesses give discounts to occasional buyer but charge full fare to the frequent/loyal customers? I don't mind paying the 15$, but not if everyone else gets in for free. A pub owner who owns an establishment nearby once gave a couple of tickets two years ago. He seemed glad to get rid of them.

quote:Originally posted by Rocket Robin

I personally don't feel it cheapens the dignity of the product, I see it more as being smart marketing. ( Same as receiving free samples in the Mail).

Chances are the person sitting next to me at an Impact game, likely did not pay for their ticket. ( I do) and will continue to do so, as I look at it as being my way of contributing to the team. Of course I am in the minority, but Im also a soccer fanatic, and very greatful to have a professional club, in my city to support.

As far as the Lynx are concerned, How about offering free tickets to a LYNX game, when buying a Large Pizza? Don't see the logic in involving the Raptors in any of their promotions. Makes you wonder why the Owner is always crying about having to play second fiddle.

OK as a reply to your last post, Mr Impact. The Lynx and Raptors have nothing to do with each other. It's Pizza Pizza that deals with each team separately.

They have plenty of radio commercials on The Fan (sports station) where they say if you buy a large/party size (?) pizza you'll get a pair or Raptor tickets for free. The cheap seats (and I'm not sure, maybe just the no-draw dreg teams that come midweek).

The offer for the Lynx is that if they score three goals the fans get a coupon for a slice of pizza. Now for the Pizza Pizza store, most people will buy a Coke or get a combo to go with it so the store makes something. Now this was a pretty safe bet that I think they only paid off once last year with the goal deprived Lynx but this year with the Lady Lynx, they almost guarantee the expanding waist lines of Toronto fans everywhere. Thanks Ladies!!

I'm not sure what the most efficient cost vs publicity vs sales arrangement Pizza Pizza thinks they're getting the best deal.

Archived