Canada vs Honduras, Swangard July 2

Richard

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

I've invited all Voyageurs and Southsiders to join me in Section A rows 1 and 2.I'm not sure that will be the section that matters but thats where the Voyageur banners will be hung.

Not too many of you have replied or even purchased your tickets yet.I hope you get up off your asses and come out and cheer.It should be a lot more exciting than most of the Caps games this year.

I really wanted to come out to this one, but too busy at the hotel with Friday being July 1st, and Monday being July 4th. Way too busy this weekend unfortunately to make it.

Can't make the Thursday game in Seattle neither, but I will be at the US game for sure!

It is very frustrating that there will be no television coverage of this game. I spoke with the executive director of the BCSA and they said they offered to help pay for the production costs for this game as well as the Sunderland vs. Whitecaps match but had no takers.

The only way this will ever change is if we all e-mail Sportsnet and voice our displeasure.

Here's the lineup I would like to see tonight:

Sutton

Hutchinson-Mckenna-Gervais-Simpson

DeRo-Serioux-Grande-Brennan

Hume-Occean

I don't have a lot of faith in our central defense but maybe Gervais will bounce back from his NI game.

I would like to see Dodds since I've never seen him play. Some of the players I would like to see get in the second half are, Peeters, Dodds, Gerba and Braz. It would also be interesting to see Franks but I think that FY should give Sutton a full 90 min.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Here's the lineup I would like to see tonight:

Sutton

Hutchinson-Mckenna-Gervais-Simpson

DeRo-Serioux-Grande-Brennan

Hume-Occean

I don't have a lot of faith in our central defense but maybe Gervais will bounce back from his NI game.

I would like to see Dodds since I've never seen him play. Some of the players I would like to see get in the second half are, Peeters, Dodds, Gerba and Braz. It would also be interesting to see Franks but I think that FY should give Sutton a full 90 min.

How about swapping positions for DeRo & Hume, Hutch & Serioux, Brennan & Simpson?

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

How about swapping positions for DeRo & Hume, Hutch & Serioux, Brennan & Simpson?

I thought about all of your suggestion but I prefer Brennan as a right mid than Simpson. I agree with DeRo and Hume. Hutch has done a good job in WCQ as a right def, but I would prefer him in midfield but I think we're too weak in defense at this point to move Hutch up.

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

So what kind of lineup can we expect to see today? I would be happy if my $29 at least got me a chance to see Hume, Hutch, OO and Brennan...(A-leaguers we see all the time, for much less than $29)

Twenty nine bucks does strike me as a little steep considing the significance of the match and the price of other pro soccer games in Canada.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I thought about all of your suggestion but I prefer Brennan as a right mid than Simpson. I agree with DeRo and Hume. Hutch has done a good job in WCQ as a right def, but I would prefer him in midfield but I think we're too weak in defense at this point to move Hutch up.

Other than the side (left v. right), I stand corrected. Simpson looked good at left back. I was pleasantly surprised to see what a good tackler he is. I would also say Hutch has claimed he's place in the middle. In the first half he looked like Viera.

Archived